Blog Archive

Thursday, 23 July 2026

why is it important?

Hello, it's 7 p.m. Mountain Standard Time and it's Thursday, July 23rd. And you must be asking yourself, what is she doing posting two podcasts in one day? Well, it has to do again with such an nation, three million dollars recovery center controversy. Who, what, where, who, what, when, why it matters. This was just off of a TikTok notice that somebody sent me. And so, you know, like it says, why does it matter? So I thought I better I better do this because I did put a little bit of my two cents in for the past couple of days about just how upset I am. Even when this was first brought up in in two thousand twenty-five. So the timeline is two thousand twenty five. Alberta home care b Alberta health care procurement controversy involving businessman Sam Mareshi. comes to light through media and investigation. That's in twenty five. December twenty twenty-five, the Globed Mail investigates detailshi Mureshi's deep ties to provincial health care contracts and Alberta politicians. That's what I'm saying, like it's affecting all First Nations, indigenous Metis and Inuit communities, because Daniel Smith wants to privatize healthcare. And also separate. April seventh, twenty twenty-six, the Alberta NDP demands Justice Minister McMickey Emre be fired, never over his personal ties to Mureshi, citing conflict of interest concerns. Now I didn't know that. Okay, so that's april seventh, twenty twenty-six. NDP party wants this demands it. July fifteenth, twenty twenty-six, the Sutana Nation files lawsuit in the Alberta Court of King's Bench against the former lawyer over thirty five million dollar provincially funded recovery center deal. Key players, and I want to put this out there because, you know, I mean, as people are listening to my podcast, and some of them are Sutana Nation members, and then they throw a monkey wrench into the whole controversy. Like for whatever reason they want to bring up hearsay, conspiracies and you know, and all that. But the reality of it is like this is major news here. The key p players are Sutina Nation, former lawyer Terry Braun, former Chief Roy Whitney, businessman Sam Mureshi, Justice Minister Mickey Amray, and of course the Alberta NDP, the opposition. what's Tsuutina allege alleges what Sutina alleges that thirty-five million dollar recovery center contract was solely sourced and not competitively tendered. Project invoices and costs show possible inflated prices duplicating billing and other financial irregularities. Formal lawyer failed to an the nation's best interest. Beer Bureering Fiduci B Rare B R E A R O C I don't know what it looks like I and G but it's I don't know, it's such so small printing. Fiduciary businessman and former chief had a undisclosed role and potential personal benefits. The other side Denial any wrongdoing with Sam Mureshi and his representatives. Statements from the government and officials, including Emory. something conflict of interest. Yeah, there's a little typo there. Like I'm reading this from a TikTok notice. And why it matters and this is why I'm posting this podcast live because I mean it's just a it's just going to be a short one, at least I hope it is. Ugh, me and my aging brain. The former lawyer and former chief have the politic politics in court. The case connects indigenous governance, health care, procurement, and poll works rights to respond in court. Now I know people like when stuff happens they there's always this like I got to know these things So let's see I'm try I don't want to See it says here from an etok. Danielle Smith's go to separation separatist lawyer is now facing a court ordered asset freeze over alleged in appropriation of First Nations trust money. That's Roth, raising hard questions about who the government chooses to rely on and protect. Exactly, because they're not protecting indigenous women or child their children. An Alberta separatist fire brand embraced by D Premier Daniel Smith base is now under the Mariva orders fees freezing millions in assets after Tall Cree First Nations alleged trust funds meant al meant for their members was diverted and misused. One hand helped drive independent campaigns and And UCP alleged pressure on the Premier, while the other hand is accused of reaching into the First Nations settlement trusts, a lawyer promoted by the ch the champion of freedom, now facing scrutiny over whose futures were actually being protected. And this is the Separatist leader of the Separatist Party in Alberta. His last name's Roth, R O T H. So And again, this is as I wonder what is the connection they've got tied to former chiefs' family, numbered companies to spouse or trustee family members, a consultation fee without work orders, so to speak. They have smoking gun on their lawyer or their lawyer would not have put forward. So wonder what sort of trail they left behind most of most of the stuff are behind the scenes and extremely difficult to prove in court and most companies, particularly in procurement contracts, won't leave. So like I know it was just hearsay like even what, ten months ago or so, even like that they the ban wanted like audits and none of the auditors in Calgary wanted to touch them but they got somebody. Like when this man says it's really difficult to really difficult to prove or to like in terms of court. So I know most of the most of the people say that Yeah well here, okay. Sutana Nation is suing former lawyer over provincially funded thirty five million dollar recovery center contracts they say was sole sourced, overpriced, and r riddled with red flag invoices. The suit links a former chief family and Alberta businessman Sam Moreshi to the deal, while Alberta's Minister of Justice faces criticism for personal ties to Mureshi and a wider health care procurement controversy. So this whole healthcare controversy too has to do with like fiduciary obligations that the federal government had had given to the province on behalf of in First Nations Inuit and Metis communities. And so the transition, Danielle Smith is making this like an issue and saying, Well, we are going to take over this. The First Nations Inuit and Metis going this is a fiduciary obligation by the Crown. So all this has to tie in with our mental health structure. So even when confr even confronting the Minister of Mental Health and Healthcare, he he's he has no comment. But the ripple effect in in terms of how it's being sourced to the very people who need it, like the women and children. Especially when it's been decades when the last Indian residential school was closed in the seventies. And just the amount of money, like in terms of the trust money that First Nation9s, Inuit and Metis communities were trying to access to even have Nietzsche Institute, that's N E C H I, that this Mureshi helped in closing, like during the reign of Danielle Smith. Not only that, but she had s certain other chiefs in her pocket, not just Chief Roy Whitney. And of course This is old politics. I mean it might seem new to people who just like, my goodness, this is a lawsuit. But the reality of it is like the this political football has been going on for decades and the whole notion of treaty rights, not in the sense of like you owe us all this, in the sense that y you know, there there's a fiduciary obligation when it comes to crown trust. and a lot of people get that mixed up with taxes when Really it you know, we're not taking money from the taxes, it's coming from the taxation of those oil companies. Those old companies like Enbridge, who wouldn't be a company unless it wasn't for First Nations, Inuit or Metis communities. See that's the structure that, you know, separatists and other lawyers are t are sort of d sucking on the tit of the oil c oil out of Alberta. You know, and who are they going after First Nations Inuit and Metis communities. like for me, it's important for me to put it on a podcast. So, you know, First Nations Inuit Metis communities need to really take a look, shake the tree, shake the money tree. That's an analogy of gambling. But the reality of it is like when we get into addictive ways of thinking and even sort of get complacent and s and forget like what's going to happen when you know when thing we're always used to having crisis like a lot of indigenous women we have battle fatigue because of the just the social socialization and the way the Indian Act has treated us and how embedded it is in the very psyche of our leadership to the point where you know over fifty percent of the women in First Nations, anyway, Metic communities are leaders, like they they're the backbone working in administrative positions, offices, doctors, lawyers, Indian chiefs. And yet when it comes to the National Congress, when it's in Ottawa or whenever they have their meetings, that that the voices of women aren't being heard, because only chiefs are allowed to speak at these places. So again, when you give a person this kind of power and they have a lawyer, 'cause this lawyer, Terry Braun, has been with the Sitten Nation for what, twenty five years, give or take? And the fact that a lot of a lot of the grooming of companies within the nation like with any new election, the contracts that are in place in case the chief and counsel doesn't get in are sort of set in stone. I'm sorry, it's the smoke outside. So that's what I'm saying. The rush that four months Maryland Buffalo. Our Maryland Buffalo. Okay. I'll see how this goes. I just wanted to put that out there. Like I said, it was totally illegal. . It was totally illegal. So I mean, to patch your pockets before you get out of a position of power.

No comments: