Emotional awareness and historical trauma are closely connected because both shape how people interpret, respond to, and relate to one another. Emotional awareness is the ability to recognize, understand, and manage our own emotions while also being sensitive to the feelings of others. When people are emotionally aware, they are more likely to communicate effectively, respond with empathy, and avoid reacting impulsively during conflict. This awareness helps build trust, strengthen relationships, and create healthier interactions in families, communities, and workplaces. Historical trauma refers to the lasting emotional, psychological, and social effects of major collective hardships experienced by previous generations, such as colonization, forced displacement, war, slavery, or cultural oppression. These experiences can influence beliefs, behaviors, coping mechanisms, and patterns of interaction long after the original events occurred. Understanding the impact of historical trauma is important because present-day reactions are not always explained by current circumstances alone. Feelings of mistrust, fear, anger, grief, or hypervigilance may be rooted in experiences passed down through families and communities. Recognizing this context can encourage compassion rather than judgment. When emotional awareness is combined with an understanding of historical trauma, people are better equipped to: Communicate with empathy and respect. Reduce misunderstandings and conflict. Recognize triggers and emotional responses. Support healing and resilience. Build more inclusive and understanding communities. In short, emotional awareness helps us understand what people are feeling in the present, while awareness of historical trauma helps us understand why those feelings and responses may exist. Together, they promote empathy, healing, and stronger human connections. Marina Crane (00:01.456) good afternoon, September twenty ninth. And this is Marina Crane from Sutina. And hopefully I will start this and end it within an hour 'cause I plan to go to a barbecue afterwards. And I'm alive and well. I've been trying to look after myself and put some boundaries down. You know what the hell is wrong with women? We learn to call the bleeding beautiful. We learn to press flowers into the pages of our pain and hand them to people who never asked how the garden died. Those dead flowers of generations. Your great grandmother swallowed a scream that became your grandmother's silence. That became your mother's patience. That became your apology. And that apology. Is becoming your daughter's first language. They didn't steal your voice. They stole your damn permission. The permission to be furious. The permission to be inconvenient. The permission to take up space in your own story. We are altars who forgot we were also fire. We are rivers who forgot we carved the canyon. We are winter who forgot we always become spring. We are graves that are still breathing. And the breathing is the most revolutionary thing we have ever done. Stay angry. Stay breathing. Stay. Here. They are counting on you not to.Marina Crane (01:46.966) And that's Y O A A G R A V E S Yo Mama's Graves. And over the weekend I went to the casino and I went into the bathroom and came out and said to my cousin, there are hookers in the bathroom. They're young indigenous women in their twenties being corralled by one woman with a cell phone. And it struck me that these young women would look at me as an elder thinking that I don't know my shit, that I've never been around hookers or pimps, that I don't know what street drugs are or anything to do with human trafficking. And the fact that they're just doing this. And I briefly under my breath said to them, There are better things to do in this life as I left that bathroom. Now, My cousin made a comment about our grandmothers and how her dad would say she did he didn't want his aunt and his mum to go downtown to Calgary when like when shopping went around. Like they were always had to be like one of the the uncles or one of the grandchildren accompanying the grandmothers. And the reasoning for that is because when they were alone, they would hook up with white men. And the white men would buy like beer and again, indigenous people couldn't even go into bars until the sixties, the late sixties. And I know with white women they couldn't own a house or a credit card in the seventies. So this evolution of women and freedom and what freedom means. So I played this tape, this poem before, to to celebrate my grandmothers who went out to seek sexual pleasure. With honestly not even knowing that, you know, these these white men, if they didn't like them, would just, you know, pay them off with a couple of bottles of beer. Instead of, you know, you know, just saying, Okay, I'm here to seek your pleasure, la di da, okay. Marina Crane (03:56.766) And and you know, and sexuality is not over until we're six feet underground, but it's the reality of the taboo, the taboo of masturbation, the taboo of being two-spirited, the taboo of like, cheating on infidelity. And the there one of the tapes that I'm gonna play, and the tapes that I am gonna play really speak to to how we see ourselves in relationships as human beings, because a lot of times I think we get our ourselves into situations where we we're totally sad and and there there's no there's no reason to to be that sad about things. We we need to really be gentle and kind to ourselves. It's the one thing we're not talking about than it should be. I think that the story of our civilization today is the lack of romantic love. I think that the lack of relationships, this is not a sentimental issue, this is an existential issue that we're actually getting in here. And I think that we need to have a better scientific understanding of what exactly is happening and what's going to happen. This is not just demography. This is a the question of whether life is actually worth living going forward and not or whether life is going How many men sitting around in a room does it take to diagnose the problem of withering? Interest in romantic relationships. We should use some science here, says the guys who clearly haven't read any of the social science demonstrating that when women live with men, they have an extra seven hours of domestic labor per week. That women typically bear the vast majority of the mental load and the emotional labor of keeping the relationship afloat and alive and connected. All the data showing how many women in long-term relationships with men end up with autoimmune diseases as a result of overfunctioning for a grown-ass man. Like we've literally been Marina Crane (05:49.756) Studying the institution of heteromarriage for at least half a century. I took several social science classes on the institution of marriage 25 years ago when we were covering data that went 25 years back before that. So all these groups of men everywhere sitting around lamenting the decline of romantic relationships, if you can't be bothered to just ask a curious question and look into the five decades of data that we have, I don't believe you're seriously interested in solving this problem. But hey, if studies are Your thing, then you could also just get online and listen to women talk about their shared experiences in romantic relationships. You could just apply whatever pattern recognition skills that you have to hearing women out about what it is that is causing them to lose interest in romantic relationships. There is a path available to us to have fulfilling heteroromantic relationships. That path is gonna require curiosity, openness, and accountability. Right now, most men are so far from being able to even just be curious about what the experience of women is in most hetero relationships that it yeah, we're gonna go through we're gonna go through a dry spell of 10 or 20 years. I personally think that dry spell is going to reorder society as fewer and fewer women prop men up who then go on to make an impact in the world, and those women instead just go out and to make their impact in the world, and the world will end up being influenced by women who are largely more consistent. Census driven, who tend to value the most vulnerable members of society and prioritize them instead of them and they would have been propping up, who would have gone out in the world and made sure to protect hierarchy. I think this worldwide dry spell might end up being the best thing that has happened to humanity. And I even think that on the other side of it, we might have really fulfilling romantic relationships again. And that's her is hope underscore peddler. And The reality of it is like, yes, there's a dry spell. I went through a fifty-year dry spell since nineteen seventy-seven. And even though my choice has been criticized by my own siblings as my being two-spirited. And if I was two-spirited, it's none of their business. But yet I have empathy for two-spirit because I chose not to have a partner. Marina Crane (08:14.995) And and just and I'm not asexual. I I am attracted to to men. and and so I function like I I I do get sexually aroused when I see somebody that I'm attracted to. but I but I do I do think like when I talk about my grandmother's And that that's my grandfather's half sisters and their openness to just like as sisters to to have some sexual experience, even if it's not with their partners but with with strangers. is to enjoy themselves, it's to like and even the fact that like their their son like the one had children, the other one didn't, the fact that the men couldn't handle it and have the openness, because like like my cousin said, her father would say, we we don't want the two sisters to go off on their own 'cause they get themselves into trouble. But it it's not the trouble, it's it's the impact that these women had. Like like my cousin's grandmother, she had many children and only one daughter. all all men and the amount of time that she took to look after them, feed them as as a single woman, and then her sister had no children. Like the impact that women have had to just out of curiosity and openness that they her and her sister could share that. And this is like what s over seventy This is like we'll say a hundred years ago. I'm gonna be seventy-seven in January. So even the evolution of what it what it means for women today, young women, to go through these periods of like a dry spell of ten years, because men men men need to understand. Like I when I say like when women when men want to stereotype women as being horny or promiscuous or can't, you know, be without sex, no, it's the other way around, patriarchy. Marina Crane (10:13.421) key. I I I've talked with various men throughout the fifty years that I've had this dry spell and and how long they're able to not be sexually active is you know it's it's like when they say it's the weaker sex, yes, because women women can live without it. I like I said it's it's it's it's it it it's it's okay to be in a romantic relationship. But it's taken me so much longer to to to debrief and to to try and find support with other women and and it's so far and in between. So I try to do use this podcast to get, you know, people to really look at the fact that like w what have you given up? What have you given up and what is it that that you know you you you you are going through in terms of your own mental health or your capacity to find romantic relationships. Your testicles are evidence in a trial. You did not know you were on Across the apes, relative testis size tracks something deeply unromantic. Sperm competition. A gorilla silverback can monopolize access to several females. Once he wins the physical contest, there is relatively little competition inside the female reproductive tract. Gorillas, therefore, have remarkably small testes for their enormous bodies. Chimpanzees live at the other extreme. Females mate with multiple males, so selection favored much larger testes and much greater sperm production. The fight continues after mating. Humans land between them. Marina Crane (11:56.352) Our relative testis size and sperm production are greater than a gorilla's and far below a chimpanzee's. That does not reconstruct one perfect prehistoric bedroom. It does tell us that our ancestry was probably neither absolute harem control nor unrestricted promiscuity. The rest of the body gives the same untidy answer. Human males average roughly 16% heavier than females, far less dimorphic than gorillas, but not physically identical either. Men also carry substantially more muscle. There was male competition, just not at gorilla intensity. These clues cannot prove one mating system. Bodies are not legal documents, but they make one claim difficult to defend. That humans were designed for zero rivalry, zero strain, and one exclusive partner for an entire adult life. The evidence points instead toward pair bonds with pressure around the edges, attachment, competition, jealousy, occasional polygyny, and sex outside the bond. So be precise about the scandal. Humans are built. To bond. We are not built to remain automatically and exclusively bonded to one person until death. The payer bond came from evolution, till death do us part came from somewhere else. Your testicles are evidence in a trial. So that's the ancient dot dog. And the Like like I said, i like he's saying, it's pair bonding. It's it's sex outside of the bond. So when I talk about traumatic trauma bonding, I'm I'm talking about the coercive control say patriarchy has over feminists or women. Marina Crane (13:59.626) And that women when in the sixties and seventies when they and even earlier, okay, when when there's trauma with with the man, say he's gone to war, or some sort of trauma like Indian residential school, some sort of trauma like even what's happening in Palestine. When there's trauma and and the partners bond, th and the woman and the woman also has trauma, then you have a trauma bond. And and that's where the the unhealthy human s attachment occurs. And and I think probably in my opinion, the notion of eternity. But the reality of it is that the the when I talk about erotia and I talk about limerenance. Th th these are the the attachments that are associated with with this the these bonds. And again too when we're looking at pair bonding and just outside sex outside the bond, that's healthy human sexuality. And that it it's not exclusive. And and the fact that if we're open about it and we understand it, then then that's in my opinion is healthy human sexuality. So again, I'm really W like I like I said, I've s I've looked into the the the reasoning why it becomes an obsession or in terms of mental health, because it can go to extremes and erotia where you c have to get a restraining order, or or with limerence when you're constantly recycling the fact of this fantasy, yet it's not really a fantasy. It's it's the struggle for cross cultural orientation in a sense of of an ideology, of a way of th of a way of Marina Crane (15:47.2) communicating someone's values and beliefs in in a s in a s in a structure. A structure that was made before we're even born. I think it's worth saying if it's not clear at this point. I think it is clear, but it might not be. Women bleeding every month, that is the original blood covenant with source or God. It's literally the original covenant. Women's bodies from day one have carried a direct cyclical blood-based connection to creation itself. So any religion saying that they have a covenant with God or with source is just kind of borrowing from the natural one that women. Just are born with. And I'm sure you know this also, but patriarchy has spent thousands of years trying to recreate that covenant without us, through things like war and through violence, and through the shedding of blood in sacrifice and blood oaths and things like that, and of course, bloodshed on the battlefield. And all of that, at least symbolically, is an attempt to manufacture through force a covenant with source or with God. Men have always needed to spill blood. To feel bound to something sacred. Women just we just bleed it on our own every month. So when we talk about ancient rites and covenants and sacrifices, we need to remember that the original covenant was already happening in women's bodies and its own rhythm tied to the same cycles as the moon and the tides. We've never had to resort to violence. And it's just built into women as a genre. And it's worth thinking about the fact that we've built entire religious structures around men trying to prove worthiness through bloodshed. And copying that. I think it's worth saying if it's not clear at this point. I think it is clear, but it might not be. Women bleeding every month, that is the original blood covenant with source. And her handle is either well 2025. That's E-T-H-E-R W E L L 2025. Now the reason I think this is interesting is because when she's talking about the covenant. Marina Crane (17:56.606) and and conversion. And the reality of it is like in indigenous people, the whole nature of the savage or or the need to convert the savage, the pa or t to convert the savage from matriarchy to patriarchy. And so they're they're taking like we'll use the example of the Indian Act as a as a sign of making something seem sacred. And so they're taking a white ideology of colonialism and saying this is how you need to treat your indigenous women in order for you to be converted to like to be to be white and and s or or to be patriarchal. So there again, there everybody who enters into a coven, a covenant is is basically being converted into someone's religion, religiosity, or someone's ideology. And and it doesn't matter, like as long as there's that that shedding or that dominance, then then everything is valid and there's validation within within the patriarchy. Again, that is my opinion and I'm interpreting the way I see things and we'll go into something here. Marina Crane (19:21.013) Manly enough, whether or not that makes sense like it. Okay everybody, this one's When you're in the right state of mind for it. I find the fundamental I find the fundamentalists of all the religions have the same five things in common. Women are always second class citizens. The more conservative any religion is Hinduism, Judaism, the more extreme fundamentalist conservative your sect of Christianity or Islam is, the more poo. God loves everyone, loves men a little bit more. And this is what Christianity is grounded on. And it's the opposite of Jesus. As far as fundamentalists go, they all believe violence is okay if my side does it, the more conservative your religion is, you have the sex sanguine. You have the persecution narrative, they always focus more on punishment than healing. But the misogyny unites the crappiest elements of all the world's religions. And we see it in Islam all the time. We see it in Judaism. It's not the liberal or moderate Muslims and Jews who are being groovy and where men and women are getting along. And the reality is: if God loves men and women equally, then God is a feminist. Feminism is the belief that men and women should be treated equally and deserve equal access to all of society's privileges and rights. I am not a feminist, I'm what you call a female supremacist. I wish the women would just hurry up and take over already. That's where I'm approaching this from. I'm anti-man, I testosterone rotts the brain. I've called it hisogynist. So you're not down with Pete Hegseth's new testosterone screenings for the military? I th I I've always supported gender affirming care for the troops, you know, and and for everyone. So if Pete Heggseth really wants to announce to the rest of the world that he thinks America's elite fighting force are actually cystified Nancy boys with low T, this is what happens when you appoint guys who don't listen to science. But listen to late night infomercials in between their porn. You have to get a prescription to get you wanna go off on this? 'Cause I'll do it. I got twenty minutes of material. You even get a pres you have to get a prescription to get testosterone therapy in this country. But Marina Crane (21:12.235) Because of the way they market it to lazy guys and old guys, and old guys who are lazy and don't want to do sit-ups and watch the garbage they put in their body. You want to get your libido back, you wanna be a man again? This is what Rogan does all the time. And I'm not talking about anabolic steroids. I'll leave that to the RFKs of the world. This testosterone therapy to give you vigor and give you sex drive and feel like you're young it and they talk about it like it's a party drug now. Okay? And this is the sort of culture that the Cash Patels and the Pete Heggs and the Dude Bros who are You know, boys, guys, homies, players, and dudes, but not in fact men. This is what they're steeped in. They don't listen to science, they listen to Rogan. So you should expect to see this go nowhere. This is humiliating. Do not be surprised if years from now we read about how the Joint Chiefs of Staff Shut this shit down because what you're messaging to the entire world is that you don't think your own troops are manly enough. And again, Hexet's contempt for women is well understood. I don't really know if he's gonna be dealing with hormonal therapy for female troops. It's One of those things when Hagseth eventually leaves, add it to the list. I mean, this guy was hired like most of them because he's an incompetent. He hires these flunkies and fall guys because eventually they'll screw up so badly. As soon as it hurts him, then he just banishes them off to Christy Noam Island. Okay, so again, my own interpretation or even about all this is like I When it comes to patriarchy and punishment, I didn't even know what punishment was until I went to Indian residential school and I got punished for wanting my skirt to be an inch h higher. Not like not like find the fundamentalists of all religions have the same five things in common. I mean, ritual abuse, like all this is so historic and it all has to do with punishment or coercive control. And and so like like th he said, you know, testosterone, like all this stuff, like it's a party drug, these these s you know, like to the it's equating it to party drugs. And it's the same thing with alcohol. Like alcohol is 'cause it's considered a party drug. You know, you you get a little a little bit alcohol in you and then you become a little bit open. But at the same time too, I find that alcohol is becoming a substitute for sex, so that people will drink by themselves, Marina Crane (23:37.07) and you know get you know like I like again like I said it there there is a reasoning behind healthy human sexuality and and the reason for trying to understand what it is to be in a healthy relationship. And I think a a lot of women who again older men too. I I hop I'm hoping that people get to have a dialogue and understand like if somebody ha has been so entrenched, especially men have been so entrenched with coercive control, or even women who've just taken it upon themselves to be the slave master, like to help the the the master whip the slave. You know, it it it it's it's it's it's just like too much. It it's too much when everybody is doing the same thing and not allowing women to and and two spirited people to to be free enough to to practice healthy human sexuality. Look at women the most common time for a woman to kill commit suicide, fifty forty-five to fifty-five. Because She's this neurochemical shift is happening in her. And so now all of a sudden what's ending up happening is she's changing and the husband is like, wait a second, why are you changing? You're not the woman I married. That's interesting. Sixty to seventy percent of divorces are initiated by women after 40. Why is that? Because they change and they become more empowered with who they are and less less tolerant of you know their their their man's bullshit, probably on some level. But also, you know, not being afraid to speak their mind and and and maybe alienating or pissing off their their partner such that their partner's like, I don't want to be in this anymore. Yeah. Look at And that's Dr. Marina Crane (25:34.804) mind Mindy please doctor the I N D Y P E L Z. So again, when when I'm talking to a man and he gets upset, like I'm not tolerating that. And so if men like like let me put it this way, when I was younger and I was sexually active and and there was a other young men who became in limerence with me, because men, everybody has limerence. But when men were limerant with me I didn't like it. I I didn't like it at all because I thought where's the intellectualizing? Where's the conversation that we should be having? But even then too when you have intellectual conversation with a man and and they and you you put your foot down, it it's offensive because the man is used to having women in limerence with them. And and again that has to do with a different take on Patriarchy. It's more acceptable for for women to be in limerence with men than for when a woman feels in lim when a woman isn't when men are in limerence with women. And the the the notion of women at a certain age when they're changing and that men don't like it and that women are trying to f understand the freedom that they're feeling, that they're having a difficult time. So it you know, it's important like that like the age group of where, you know, women are feeling like suicidal. But but at the same time too It's just the statistics, like even young women with with estrogen from eighteen to twenty four, there are more young women who are making money on a porn site and the majority of men, I think it was half of the American population and eighty percent I think or what I think eighty million men were married watching this OnlyFans porn site of young women who make porn from Marina Crane (27:43.602) and their ages eighteen to twenty-four. So what does it say about the relationship of married men with women? And and what does it say about women at a certain age when they say enough is enough? And that the man is saying, no, I you know, like they demand to still have that limerant feeling come from their partner when the partner is going, No, I I there's some sort of exchange here that we need to deal with and it becomes a struggle. So that's why when I look at things that I say there's eroti there's limerence and the conflict that happens when the two partners have extreme ends of the spectrum. It it's an interesting concept but I really think that you really have to find someone that you can have a deep conversation about about these things because it it is important. so here we go. Let's try this here. I can get into this here. In every country that you go to usually the degree of progress can never be separated from the woman. If you're in a country that's progressive, the woman is progressive. If you're in a country that reflects the consciousness toward the importance of education, it's because the woman is aware of the importance of education. But in every backward country you'll find the women are backward. And in every country where education is not stressed, it's because the women don't have education. So one of the things I became thoroughly convinced of in my recent travels is the importance of giving freedom to the woman, giving her education and giving her the incentive to get out there and put that same Marina Crane (29:27.435) spirit and understanding in the children in every country that you go to. And that's Malcolm X, a society is judged by how it treats its women, and that's with Global View Nexus. So again, how society treats its women. And and that's why like when I look at my grandmothers and I see them as sexual human beings And they're elderly. The these are grandmas like my age now. And that they had the tenacity to go out and seek sexual pleasure. I I know a lot like the reason I'm laughing is myself as well there as well as other women that I know are so rigid that we're not even doing that. We're not allowing ourselves that freedom. And I like in and I think that's a lesson. Like when when you say uneducated, being uneducated has its rewards in the sense that you're doing something that go that's completely natural. But yet but yet when we're educated maybe in religiosity or something that d hasn't like like again, some when they say somebody's educated doesn't mean it's a good education. So that's why I opened this podcast for open debate and discussion because It's important. It's important 'cause it ain't over till we're six feet underground. If anything that my parents have taught me that I grew up listening and ta hearing them talk is is that that that that it ain't over till we're six feet under. And even in a previous podcast when I was talking about my brother saying one of my brothers might not even but be my our father's son, no I'm the oldest daughter. I was close to my mother. I saw my mother stressed raising her children. Sometimes she was a single parent without my dad being around. And I tell you, just the suicide, like the self-defeating thoughts that she had, there would be no way that she would have she would have sex with somebody else other than my father to bring another child into this world. It was difficult. So, you know, when I look at my brother's children. Marina Crane (31:46.212) the one that my other brothers say isn't our fathers. His children look like me. His children look like late like I like really. So hey, families regulate here I want to talk about again about the Indian Act and Sacraments. The oldest marriage pattern we can reconstruct does not look like free love. It also does not look like your grandparents' wedding. A comparative study of 190 hunter gatherer societies found that marriage was often regulated by families, accompanied by bride service or exchanges, and usually only mildly polygynous. That matters because it destroys the fantasy that rules arrived only with farming, priests, and private property. Humans were organizing mating long before the state, but organizing is not the same as. lifelong exclusivity. Consider the Hadza of Tanzania. They are modern people, not living fossils, but their marriage pattern is revealing. There is no elaborate wedding ceremony. A couple begins sharing a hearth and is recognized as married. Around 4% of men have two wives at once, usually temporarily. Divorce and remarriage are common enough that researchers describe the system as serial monogamy. People attach, they cooperate, they separate, then they attach again. This is where sex at dawn went too far. Marina Crane (33:27.551) Its famous story of a freely promiscuous human past was attacked for cherry-picking evidence. The rebuttal matters. Our ancestors were not bonobos at a festival. Pair bonding is widespread across human societies and was probably crucial to our evolution. Human children require astonishing amounts of care. Mothers have always relied on networks, grandmothers, siblings, unrelated helpers, and often fathers. A stable partner could provide food, protection, and years of investment. The bond had real survival value. But nature gave us a bond, not a sacrament. It did not specify one partner. Sexual exclusivity, no divorce, and fifty uninterrupted years. Your ancestors were not incapable of commitment. They were capable of repeated commitment. Culture did not invent love. It invented the promise that love must last. for it. The oldest marriage pattern we can reconstruct does not look. See, and that's the whole thing when he says that it that it invented like culture invented this sacrament. So and again that our ancestors were capable of repeated bonding. like recommitment and and so that's why I talk about healthy human sexuality is that that commitment to repeated bonding. So even growing up in a traditional r community, understand like the stories I talk about traditional thinking and and how people bonded within my community was open that we talked about it. So I can talk about my grandfather and his first wife and I can say that her when she was Marina Crane (35:40.903) pregnant that was probably not my grandfather's child, but but you know a a Chinese man that she may have had some sort of bond with. So even when I talk about my grandmothers and like how the one couldn't have children but the other one who did had had was had recommitted bonding. And the thing is like people understood who the fathers were. And and so again, the commitment to repeated bonding. And and again when somebody an Indian agent comes in and says, that's blasphemy that's not your like they're creating a a culture of like sacrament, like one like one partner. You know, you're you're gonna have this sacrament so you're p bonded to this one partner for forever, for eternity. And and that's when I talk about ritual abuse and I talk about cults, because creating creating a artificial sacrament around something that is just patriarchal is is is a fallacy because naturally and the way like Like this has been before patriarchy came, and and this is why I think it's important in terms of especially what's happening with so many murdered and missing indigenous women and the clash between the between the the culture, the white culture in term in terms of religiosity, that that this this eternity, this, you know, we're gonna they're gonna be married, there's you know, there there's all this stuff with divorce, all all this stuff that that society has created. the what money is, what property is, all all that. And yet again, society can society can evolve. Marina Crane (37:27.552) We're we're not stuck to one way of thinking for the past three thousand years. And and if we can't undo it, then then what hope is there for hum humanity? Especially when there's so much happening in terms of the science and and how people are developing, human development, precognition, the you know, just the whole understanding of healthy human sexuality. I you know, I I wish I had a magic wand and I bit I believe everybody at some points wishes they had a magic wand. And and again, there there's no set perfect perfect society or anything like that. But I do think there are there are times when we really have to, you know, think about it. You know, think about the things that that we've sacrificed. And I always talk about caste system within indigenous communities when it comes to indigenous women. And and the Indian Act, that to me to me is a sacrament. It's it's a sacrament and it's religiosity tied into how people have to be have to bond. And in that bond, some women get full treatment, other women who who do not. reproduce are are labeled as something abnormal. And again, this is all based on on on on people who are not reg like they just don't they don't understand how how pair bonding was. And a lot of times when I use the ceremony Wa Weepi, the Wa Weepi ceremony was a very erotic sexual ceremony that was governed and hosted by people within the community who knew and understood who what people were related to. Like like clan clan system, clan house, like like all that they knew and that the the bond the the the bonding, the recommitment to bonding was important and and that these ceremonies helped. Marina Crane (39:38.335) in in re regulating families whereas religiosity came in and created the Indian Act and said thou shalt not practice your rituals because they are labeling what was natural in in terms of the like the family like like again no weddings people just moved in or how they separated like But it's the repeated the repeated commitment to bonding that that is really essential and and for me, in my opinion, is beautiful. So again, I'm saying this because I've never been in a relationship. I've never been bonded. And and so I'm talking in in that in that genre because I don't have that that the the pain of it, the the the w what the first poet said, the the pain of the blood of the menstruation, the the whole creation of the woman. I I yes the sacrifice of just looking after children. I I've grown up being there for my brothers and sisters. I know what it is to to to help raise children. But it's the reality of of how men and women interact with each other, especially when there's sexual a sexual attraction. And and you know that that people we do have feelings. Anyway, it's I I just thought it was interesting. Your religion, your Judeo Christian religion, and your God has been exactly what has been manifested in history. It has been murder and hatred and fierce dogmatism, internecine warfare, cruelty, rejection of people, anti-sexuality, degradation of women, debasement of the intellect. You are exactly what you have been represented to be for years, and you can Marina Crane (41:43.654) Big off and say, well those people really weren't Christians because now, two thousand years after the fact we're going to think we're going to define it in a different way. Oops, sorry. Marina Crane (42:02.582) When you're in the state. No one testicle. I think it's every good. Look at women the most sorry I just look at Oopamine. There's a secret Weakens the three Did you hear the Sorry, I I I accidentally tapped the wrong when you're in the right state Marina Crane (42:28.032) just when I was on a roll, what can you say? let's see here, let's see. Sex is how a lot of people get trauma bonded. Because they have deep emotional wounds for which they have no emotional capacity to be present with, face, feel, process, and heal, they use sex as a coping mechanism to numb those feelings out and experience a sense of relief or freedom from those inhibitions. This becomes a very dysfunctional coping mechanism in someone's individual life and in relationships. Because when we lack emotional capacity and we use sex as a substitute, it can only be a very Temporary solution, and then we're back to square one where we have to face what we need to face. And the more we go about coping this way, the more we depend on it, and the more this becomes an addiction. And a lot of people actually suffer from a sex addiction. The same is true for relationships, where a lot of people use sex as a means to connect, to communicate, to express themselves, and to feel a sense of connection to each other. In such relationships, betrayal also is very common because the deeper emotional needs that we all have are still not being met. Not because There's an issue with a relationship, but because we lack that capacity, and probably we started off the relationship on the wrong footing by first getting sexually involved, and then the emotional needs always remained shadowed. This is something we should not underestimate because we live in a society which has normalized being sexually promiscuous and not emotionally present and involved. This not only does not help us to process our old traumas, but it keeps creating more and more trauma. Because let's remember what a trauma is. Trauma is something that happens to us when we do not have the awareness to process what is happening. And when we get into these sexual connections, that's exactly what's happening. Most people are having sex because they want to get unconscious just to avoid feeling what their consciousness is continuously bugging them about. Sex is how a lot So again, you like when I talk about trauma bonds and promiscuity and just like the avoidance of intimacy and Marina Crane (44:36.578) trying to escape those those feelings. Marina Crane (44:49.036) When you're in the right state of mind for it, because this one is a doozy, I highly recommend reading this article and I'm gonna go through some of the highlights of it. The Men Who Want Women to Be Quiet. The article dives into masculinism, which is apparently the misogynistic answer to feminism. The author writes, Masculinism has been a great gift because factions with different views on, say, protectionism or Israel or big tech can all agree on the overreach of feminism and the need for a return to traditional gender roles. Far from being a fringe belief system, masculinism has become the single most important force uniting the American right. Bringing together an unlikely constellation of pastors, posters, senators, preachers, influencers, podcasters, and fanboys. She writes, One of masculinism's central claims is that no one is talking about men. So true. Men's issues are not being discussed in Senator Josh Hawley's twenty twenty-three book, Manhood: The Masculine Virtues of America Needs. They aren't being discussed in Tucker Cross's documentary The End of Men. They aren't being discussed in the Panopoly of Christian books available on Amazon, or their secular counterparts such as Why Women Deserve Less. She goes into Nick Fuentes and his Grupers and Who say our number one political enemy is women, because women constrain everything. Every conversation, every man, everything. He's even suggested that women be sent to breeding gulags. The good ones will be liberated, the bad ones were toil in the minds forever. The article goes on to give several extreme examples of the shock and awe rhetoric used by these men, as well as detailing how a lot of these men saying these absolute batshit things have infiltrated powerful positions of influence over. Marina Crane (46:28.734) people in our government. It's a long read and it's a hard read, but it really crystallizes something that needs to be brought to the forefront of our attention, which is this is the fight. This is the primary war that they are waging. And I'm not applying that women are the only group that is being oppressed by these men. They have hate enough to go around to virtually every group of people who aren't wealthy, white, straight men, but they are signaling on Unequivocally, clearly, from positions of power, that their primary objective is to control and punish women. I am not surprised by this in the least, because I have long believed, as I have said on here, that women are the revolution. As women divest from patriarchy in large part by not prioritizing romantic relationships and marriage with men and childbearing, they know that the very foundation of patriarchy is crumbling. If you had any doubts about the ground on which they intended to wage this war, those doubts should be resolved now. But we are up to this moment. We were built for this moment. And I for one will not give them the satisfaction of my fear. When you're in the right so hope peddler, and I again like that's the whole the whole nature of it is it's in p we're up we're up for this fight. And like I said, I've been doing this fight for fifty years. It's not Not something new, but again it it is what it is. It's just Marina Crane (48:09.847) Well we'll go into we'll go into there are some things too that Marina Crane (48:24.311) Forty percent of men throughout history have reproduced, 80% of women. The reality is a minority of men have had the opportunity to find a mate and to reproduce. The greatest innovation in history, which is not GPS or AI, but the American middle class, gave a lot more men agency to build a home and quite frankly attract mates. That is a uniquely Western post-World War II phenomena. Seventy-five percent of men in the West have had the opportunity to reproduce. Unfortunately, because our society has become so much about the idolatry of money and we've created a system with weaker social safety nets, you're kind of unviable in the eyes of the potential mate. Essentially, relationships have become a luxury item. We're regressing to the law of the jungle where the world is basically portia polygamy, where a small number of men, through luck or hard work or inheritance, get all of the mating opportunities. There are still people that come into my comment sections and vehemently defend Descartes Galilee. That's not what he meant, that's not what he said. He doesn't really think that all. This is a man that just said the greatest invention in human history was the invention that gave 80% of men the ability to meet and reproduce. Hi, that invention wasn't the American middle class. That invention was denying women access to the economic system. She couldn't have a bank account, she couldn't have a credit card, she couldn't have property in her name. So you live. Literally forced her to reproduce with these men in order to eat food and have shelter. This wasn't a middle class thing, this was a patriarchy and white supremacy thing. And then he says, we're heading back to the times of the jungle. you mean when natural selection worked? When women weren't forced to reproduce with unviable partners? Like violent men, unkind men, selfish men. And then he has the gall to say that the thing that has changed that has taken these mating opportunities, which ew, From men is the fact that we've concentrated wealth in smaller and smaller groups. His implication being the only factor that women consider is like, is my mate going to be wealthy? The underlying assumption, and I need y'all to clock this. The underlying assumption behind this like flat affectation and logical presentation is that the sole factor with regard to men having access to someone else's womb is money. Women are just people who are selling access to their wombs, and now that they're Marina Crane (50:44.599) Or, like a bunch of super rich people and a bunch of poor people without a middle class, they're not selling anymore. He's reducing all women to being gold diggers. The reason I think Scott Galloway fools so many of y'all is because he says all of the things he walks right up to the point and then just kind of like hesitates and waits for you to draw the final conclusion, which makes you feel smart because you're like, I see the natural conclusion. I've got good pattern recognition. No, he led you there. Like all the overt incels will spell it out for you. They'll be like, therefore, we must go back to a time when we women have fewer rights. Women are selfish womb gatekeepers. Scott Galloway leaves the same fucking breadcrumbs right up to the very last one. Forty percent of men throughout history have reproduced. Eighty Well, that's what I've been saying is like this natural selection and with my grandmothers and the way they dealt with their sexual desires and needs was Like it it it was it was and is still important. Marina Crane (51:48.425) I'm not too sure if Marina Crane (51:55.374) If I can get back to the When you're in the right state of mind. Get back to the right Sex is how a lot of people Well, I guess I can't find that particular one, but that's okay. I think I've got the gist of the podcast already. And so there's that The whole the whole thing is is you know, emotions like even though we may be in denial and when I was younger I was quite in denial of of the way things things were and Marina Crane (52:33.815) I'm not too sure if The butterflies is an early warning sign that there's a problem. But the Hollywood movies, right, the romantic movies, even the Disney movies, it's all about sweeping a woman off her feet and you might get nine no's and then there's a yes. Well, that's boundary erosion. So and when you're younger, you feel that being pursued, they're they're interested in me, I'm really special. But actually what it shows you is that they're willing to cross your boundaries. They don't take no for an answer, and that is the setup, and it's gonna become a big problem in throughout the rest of the relationship. Because what they've learned, if they do turn you, what they've learned is that they can make nine no's become a yes. And the more she resists, the more they enjoy it, because it's that three. Of the chase, and that's what you see often with coercive controllers and psychopaths, and they love that challenge. And then there's a real change once they get you under their control, and that leaves you feeling very confused because one minute you're on a pedestal, and the next minute they're saying things and doing things that are so confounding. The butterflies is an early warning sign. So hers is crime analysis and Marina Crane (53:53.985) Don't self abandon, trust your gut instincts run. And basically when I met such a man, he was twenty five and I was eighteen. And yeah, it w it felt good this butterfly effect. It I I didn't even see it as a warning sign. I just thought, No, it's my choice. Like I you know, I really knew it was my choice. And But the thing is I didn't allow him to wear me down because it was my choice. And there was no to turn a no into a yes. Like he after we did have a sexual encounter, I think he well, I know he would have he was trying to get me to say yes when he's trying to change a no into yes. But I I I trusted my instinct and I and I walked away. And so a lot of people say, Well, how did you know these things? Or when I meet women and they say, you you've eyes isn't I had and yet I'm going, No, it was just a gut feeling. So that's why when when I talk about like what what we allow to happen and whether or not like We'll just we'll just say when you get conditioned to see things a certain way Like I like said when I was talking to my cousin we were talking about her grandmother, like my grandmother and and the grandmothers and and like just that the son didn't want them to go off on their own and get into trouble. And and again to I'll use this as the pandemic when a lot of nursing homes there was a high rate of sexually transmitted diseases because a lot of the elders were the a lot of the seniors be becoming sexually active and at the same time too, like I think I've given examples. Marina Crane (55:57.408) Where a family put their mum and mum and their parents into a nursing home and the mum became promiscuous, and that her children were just shocked that their angelic mother was becoming promiscuous, sleeping with all these elderly men in the nursing home. And then the other case where these men put their father in a nursing home and he became so frustrated, like in the middle of the dining room, he got up and he says, I need sex. And they they in order to help him, they got him an iPad and hooked him up to pornography so he was able to get some dopamine and sexual activity in you know like that he was okay he could calm down. So as we age and and the desire to still feel human and sexual it never goes away it's until we're six feet underground. But at the same time too I think it's important to understand that you know it's important to process your emotions and to talk about how you feel and and what is it that's bothering you and and whether or not how a person interacts with you seems seems appropriate because for me for me when I'm talking with a man and he and say he no and and the thing is like flirting when a man flirts with me I am so distant from that. that like I just become very critical about it and yet d I don't know anything about the person. Okay. And and it's not like I'm biting the like I'm not like a praying mantis and just biting the the the mate's n head off after mating. It's just a gut reaction because it's so prevalent out there that this men trying to You know, we have this butterfly effect or create this butterfly effect on you, and you're going, no, don't cr don't even bother. so let's see before Let's stop pretending this is complicated. Donald Trump didn't rise because he's brilliant, he rose because he's rich, reckless, and protected by a system that rewards whiteness even when it fails. Marina Crane (58:20.353) What Trump did was give mediocrity a microphone. He showed America that you do not need intellect, you don't need integrity or competence to gain power. If you got the money, you got the entitlement. He became living proof that average man with no depth can fail upward indefinitely. And mediocre men love him for it. Because Trump represents their fantasy. The fantasy that success should be automatic, that power should be inherited, that dominance should be guaranteed, not earned. When reality challenged that fantasy, when black people started thriving, women started leading, immigrants started building, and education started mattering, they didn't rise to compete. They panicked. And Trump became their security blanket. So let's talk about the truth of who he is. He called countries with black people in it shithole countries while saying that he wanted more Europeans to immigrate. He spread racist lies about Haitians eating cats and dogs. He said the most vile and disgusting things about Rob Reiner's death. He called Democrats treasonous and suggested they be punished by death. Trump does this every single time he's pressed for the truth because liars panic when facts show up. This movement is not driven by greatness, it's obviously driven by failure. These are men who had a 400-year head start and blew it. Instead of doing the work, they chose resentment. Instead of building skills, they chose to blame. Instead of evolving, they chose a con artist who made failure feel righteous. Trump gives failed men comfort. He tells them that their mediocrity is not their fault. Black success feels like white failure because it exposes the truth. Black excellence shines a light on laziness. Black resilience highlights weakness. And black progress reveals who never develop real skill. And instead of competing, they complain. Instead of growing, they attack. Instead of admitting they fell short, they follow a man who made falling short patriotic. Donald Trump does not think he is like them. He is using them. He's exploiting their fear, their resentment, and their inability to keep up. And let's end with the truth America keeps avoiding. Donald Trump's rise to power did not reveal greatness. It revealed the true intellect of this country. It exposed how intellectually bankrupt and racially sick America still is. That a nation would rather choose a loud, lying con artist convicted of multiple felonies, siphoning money from the economy than accept a black man whose radical idea is. Marina Crane (01:00:45.867) was health care for all. Donald Trump did not trick America. America chose him, and that choice told the world everything it needs to know about who this country protects, who it fears and who it is willing to sacrifice to preserve white comfort. Now drop a black fist in the comments and share this with someone who needs to hear this gym. Let's talk see for me when I look at the the women that I stop being friends with, it's because of like they just didn't have real skills. They just had no they just couldn't keep up. They they like they they a lot of things were based on not factual things. And again too like even in British Columbia, like tomorrow's September twenty September thirtieth, truth and reconciliation and all over Canada People will be or wearing orange. But there's so many white supremacist in Alberta and in Canada that in Kamloos, British Columbia, they had a group of white supremacists denying Indian residential school. And so it's not based on fact. It's not based on any kind of reality. It's it's just based on on laziness to even dig into to to to the truth and and understand this like Like I said, last week the Sioux the Sioux tribe brought three children home from Carlisle in industrial school after over a hundred years. And the reason they were able to do that is because they had paperwork. They knew where the children's bodies were buried, because they kept record. That's in the United States. In Canada, a lot of the records were burnt. So when people say, Well there's there's no truth to it. Like even our elders here, I remember them saying we were so stupid, the Indian agents told us to burn these papers and they said we burnt boxes and boxes of papers. So whatever the Canadian government tried to cover up in terms of the Indian the Indian affairs, the Department of Indian Affairs, that's what it was called, was to cover up. So a lot of the truth and reconciliation that came about Marina Crane (01:03:14.359) had to come from strong, courageous people who remembered and who knew children who had died or witnessed the burials or witnessed the murders. And and those are coming from survivors. Because that paperwork was all destroyed. So when you have people who do don't do the research, and I'm not saying it's just it's just all white people, I know like I said, my the people that I've had to not be friends with, You know, they they they they just you know, facts are facts. They didn't have real skills. Not not that I'm saying the skills that I have are are far more superior. It's it's just that there are things that that I truly wish to understand and and really take to heart. And and the the fact is like a lot of times when when when we think we're helping people Are are we really helping people when when it becomes so accepted? Like like how like when people watch somebody hang and and and and and no b and everybody just watches and does nothing. Well you people just pull yourselves up from your boot straps. What's the matter with you? The playing field has been leveled. Well we're gonna see if in fact it's been leveled. Or is that conjecture? This is a clip from a lecture given by Dr. Joy DeGru about post-traumatic slave disorder. Dr. DeGrew is an author, educator, and researcher who examines how slavery and generations of racial oppression continue to shape society. In this clip, she discusses a lynching photograph and focuses on the white children calmly witnessing the violence. She argues that atrocities of slavery didn't only affect black people, it also conditioned others to accept the cruelty without empathy. Her message challenges the idea that the past doesn't matter. And explain. So I'm using this as an analogy of how white people see Indian residential school. So she's she's the impact of the past on the present. This powerful lecture clips the Dr. Joy De Gray, an author, educator, researcher, recognizes her work on post-traumatic slave syndrome. Marina Crane (01:05:39.938) So for me it would be like post-traumatic Indian residential school syndrome. And this discussion d Dr. DeGray analyzes the historical lynching photograph and ex explores the psychological effect of racial violence. See, and and this could be like a picture of of, you know, just thousands of children all lined up, all photographed in front of Indian residential school, or like if if people even took pictures of like what they said children being thrown in. Babies being thrown into incinerators. The dehumanizing the way society can become conditioned to accept cruelty. And that is the whole case of the children that were killed in Indian residential school. So I that's why I thought this was poignant when they talk about the slit the slavery, this whole post-traumatic slave syndrome. Dr. McRae's message challenges viewers to examine how slavery, lynching, and racial terror. shaped American history and how the memory and consequences of those events continue to influence conversations about race, culture, empathy and society today. And so even when I say like my grandmothers, my great grandmother, like the like the white settlers in the Dakotas and the prairies in the traveled the rodeo circuits and and they had bounty on on indigenous women. And their favorite hunter they hunted indigenous pregnant women. So they'd kill them, gut them, take out the babies, take the scalps from the babies and and the pregnant mums. And and there was a town in the Dakotas that was created just for the bounty of of of scalps. So so those types of American history and the memory, like there's a series of events, much the same as the slave syndrome. And so that's why I thought what she talks about is so poignant when it comes to the parallels of indigenous people i in Canada. This video invites reflection, education, and re a respectful discussion. Understanding history helps us better understand the present, consider how communities move forward. And so when we talk about truth and rec reconciliation and the actions to move forward, the reality of it is a lot of those actions haven't haven't even started. So again, when you have people in positions of power who deny such things happen to indigenous children. Marina Crane (01:08:07.049) I try to use this podcast and I talk about healthy human sexuality and the attitudes towards indigenous women and children and to spirits. Doesn't matter and explains why its effects can't simply be dismissed by saying move on. Now I want you to look at this photo very closely and I want you to see who's in it. More important than the man hanging. Because you gotta understand the lynchings that occurred in America happened after slavery, not during. Thousands of lynchings happened after slavery. Because this is a reaction to white fear of what we would do once free. But we didn't create a vigilante group to take out white people. But they did create a vigilante group to take us out now that we're free. See that happened after slavery. They were called the what? The Klu Klux Klan. They don't wear hoods anymore, they wear suits. But they're alive and well all over the world. Even here. So, look at who's in the picture. I want you to p look at this little girl in particular. You can't see her closely, but she's actually grimacing, like smirking. Now remember, let's go back to the puppy concept here. She would be loathed and torn up probably if this was a puppy, which means he's less than that. Because she's not disturbed. This little girl is not is not disturbed by this. But she should be, shouldn't she? People always ask me, they go, Joy, what was the impact on white people? There it is. Right there. Can't Feel any empathy for him. Non-zero zip. There's a little one back here, even smaller. Because whatever she's been taught or told, socialized to believe, makes him no longer human. That's the greatest danger to white people, is that they can't feel it. And there's a reason why white people can't feel what we're talking about. My God, what would you then feel? It's tough. Marina Crane (01:10:13.077) So I've got to believe, it's all over now, it's not my fault, I don't benefit, it's not a big deal, let's move on, it's not all of those things. But we don't say that to Jewish people. I dare you. But you have to understand when you unearthed this one, that's what we did to our children. Well, you people just pull yourselves up from your see, that's the whole point. Like I've I've gone, I've been around white people my entire life. And every time I talk like I talk about th the reality of what my father, my grandmothers, people my own age and even younger went through. And like even when I when I talk about my grandmothers and my grandfathers, like I said, you know, the reality you know my my r my grandmother my my grandmother it was her second marriage and she never like her first marriage like my grand one of my grandmothers never drank you know raised her children was had a partner whereas the other grandmothers they were there were my grandfather's her first husband's sisters just the struggle they had in in just being like sexual sexual human beings And again, I think too even indigenous women like especially young women like growing up and being treated indifferent, like that we have no worth or no value and because because of the way society has seen us. And in in some ways it's like a house dog. I don't I I I I think in an al a way when I see people like I have a sister who and my niece and nephew, they have a house dog. Marina Crane (01:12:04.775) And and they they treat that dog better than they treat me. I jokingly say that, but I use that as an analogy because like this lady's talking about, you know, these children watching this seeing a h the lynching of a black boy and and not having any empathy for the child, b they would have they would be outraged if it was a a dog that was being hung. And and in in the same sense too, when it comes to talking about healthy human sexual for indigenous women, girls, and two spirited. It's that same grimace that you know it's indifferent, that that we, you know, we're we're less than. And and and that's very dangerous. That's very dangerous. So when when I said when my cousin says, well you were like a nun, I'm going, no, no. I said those nuns were horrible to indigenous kids. You know, how this one young lawyer read all these transcripts of survivors and just how horrific those priests and nuns were to these children. So no, I said to my cousin, don't ever equate me acquaint what I've chosen in my life to have nothing to do with religiosity. It doesn't. It has to do with the basic fundamentals of just surviving. And my childhood friend that I've known since high school, You know, we we talk. she's one of the she's she's my only black friend that I've known since childhood. And and just the reality of like her always bringing me down to earth, you know, and saying, Marina, enjoy your life. You know, enjoy your life. And know she says, and know that I know how your siblings treat you because of the way you think and the way you see the world. Marina Crane (01:14:06.303) And even that in itself, like when we're when we're talking about young women, b all kinds of women, the importance of understanding and regulating your own self, what you want and what you believe to be your freedom. And and at the same time too understanding that we're human beings. We're we're we we are gonna get hurt. We we are going to you know, feel grief. You know, it's it's it's important like that we don't give up on on speaking our truth to to people. Even if those people are just so disgusted with with just basic premises. And and for me for me I'm just grateful that I that I can do this podcast and that I can reflect on things that that have meaning towards me. Because a lot of times, you know, when I look at the older women that You know, older than my mother. That means, you know, like my mother would have been in her nineties now, like ninety seven. But I'm even looking at my grandmothers, which would have been even older. You like in the like they would have been born in the like eight nineteen five, like like my grandmothers. And I and I look at just how they were in terms of human sexuality. And and they were a lot freer. they were a lot freer than I w ever was. And and maybe it's because I I I was around white people most of my life. But but I do know that there was a core difference in in how I was raised and how I see the world. And and I'm just grateful that that I do still have people that you know that I that care about me. You know, my cousin, however hard things are, she's lost all of her siblings. She's the only one left. And we go visit and she says to me, Marina, my sisters loved you. Marina Crane (01:16:16.469) You know, because we howled at the moon. We yeah, we made mistakes. We were young. And those things that we saw, the underbelly of society, the prostitutes, the pimps, the drug deals, all that for the life of me and I you know, I I you know, you have all these analogies, the skiss kiss of a spider woman or you know, the kiss the the the wings of a bat or some you know, just the the the the touch of the feather there was the proximity of being close to to to living a different lifestyle. I was I was in that midst all the time. And for some some reason, and for me I truly believe Creator and the grandfathers and grandmothers, not just for me But even you out there who are listening to me, and I don't know who and w what backgrounds you come from. I know most of you some of you allegedly are mental health workers, from another country. Some of you maybe it's a curiosity about indigenous culture, and maybe for some of you it's the realization that we have a hell of a lot more in common than we, you know, think. But the reality of it is that for some reason there is there is a need, a strong need for for women to to realize like there there is there is something happening in this world. And whatever that is, it was it started w way before I was born. And and if I'm just getting the the the cusp of it or or the understanding of it is so profound. Like the one lady said it'll take ten years. See, for me it's been fifty years. And and for other people it it could be their entire lives. Like I've read I've read autobiographies of of scholars. Marina Crane (01:18:24.277) and the choices that they've made in their lives to live a certain way. And it was always profound that that people could live that way. And now here I am, fifty years later, forty years later, having lived this life that I that I'm living. My doctor asked me, she says, did you ever smoke or drink or like all these things and the my lifestyle was was totally different. Than than most indigenous people. So I I'm just grateful that I have lived so long and that I have studied and that that I have done my due diligence in in talking to people about certain theories and certain c certain constructs and even about my feelings, my emotions and why I feel the way I do. But the bottom line is it's there's hope. There is hope for all people, including myself. doing this podcast and understanding my own emotional feelings and that it ain't over till we're six feet underground. Despite the fact that I I've been in a dry spell for fifty years. Like understand this. If you're if you've been in a dry spell for two years or a year and you're sort of like going, poor me, like come on, suck it up, buttercup. I'm trying to tell you there is hope. I mean you might look at me and go, how can you say that? been a dry spell for fifty years. That's the nature and the beauty of life. Creator has and the grandfathers and grandmothers have blessed us. And we have to validate that every day. Every day. Every day we we embrace and we release and we and and we acknowledge the will of Creator. Every human being that has ever existed, every religion, every person who breathes and thinks this is what we have in common. So with that, my dear dear audience, Astilego, Abento Cela Volui and Origato. Marina Crane (01:20:39.159)
This was my experience in confronting Nathan Chasing Horse in 2007. He had no compassion for his victims. His propensity for girls started being more openly displayed by the summer of 2007. Documentaries, Articles, Indigenous Podcasts, My Podcast is under construction. Archival documenting yearly posts posted with transcripts will be published here. I’ll also link my YouTube videos associated with each podcast published. I also created a link to my GOFUNDME account. I may link my TikTok account
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(6)
- ► April 3 - April 10 (1)
-
►
2018
(13)
- ► May 13 - May 20 (1)
-
►
2020
(5)
- ► June 28 - July 5 (1)
- ► July 5 - July 12 (1)
-
►
2023
(58)
- ► April 16 - April 23 (1)
- ► June 4 - June 11 (1)
- ► June 11 - June 18 (2)
- ► June 18 - June 25 (3)
- ► June 25 - July 2 (2)
- ► July 2 - July 9 (2)
- ► July 9 - July 16 (2)
- ► July 16 - July 23 (4)
- ► July 23 - July 30 (5)
- ► July 30 - August 6 (4)
-
►
2024
(20)
- ► March 3 - March 10 (1)
- ► April 28 - May 5 (1)
- ► May 5 - May 12 (1)
- ► May 12 - May 19 (1)
- ► May 19 - May 26 (1)
- ► June 2 - June 9 (1)
- ► July 28 - August 4 (1)
-
►
2025
(22)
- ► March 9 - March 16 (2)
- ► March 23 - March 30 (2)
- ► March 30 - April 6 (1)
- ► April 6 - April 13 (1)
- ► April 13 - April 20 (1)
- ► April 27 - May 4 (1)
- ► June 1 - June 8 (1)
- ► June 29 - July 6 (1)
- ► July 13 - July 20 (1)
-
▼
2026
(71)
- ► March 15 - March 22 (1)
- ► March 22 - March 29 (2)
- ► May 17 - May 24 (3)
- ► May 24 - May 31 (1)
- ► June 14 - June 21 (1)
- ► June 21 - June 28 (3)
- ► June 28 - July 5 (4)
- ► July 5 - July 12 (2)
- ► July 12 - July 19 (6)
- ► July 19 - July 26 (6)
- ► July 26 - August 2 (3)
- ► August 2 - August 9 (5)
Tuesday, 29 September 2026
The importance of emotional awareness & the impact of historical trauma on present-day interactions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Posted then my reply..... I agree with you all NCH is No Wicasa Itancan. I agree he is a womanizer he seriously Takes the cake wearing tha...
-
From GIRLSNOTBRIDES.ORG " 20,000 girls are forced into marriage everyday. It's a common practice around the world; however,...
-
Through these ten years I’ve sang this song. Despite the words being pronounced with a male tone. I’ve researched with Dakota speakers and ...
-
! search for more clues into this man’s lifestyle. I’ve found the increasing awareness of people becoming awake to who this man truly is and...
-
https://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/dances-wolves-star-nathan-chasing-horse-accused-sexual-114067081?sfnsn=mo Throughout the decades of...
-
I see people's children grow up and they too start dancing and following the pow-wow trail. When my nephews came home, they talked about...
No comments:
Post a Comment