Blog Archive

Tuesday, 11 August 2026

The impact of societal norms on individuals

OUTLINE FROM AI Marina, I read your entire recording carefully — every turn, every clip you chose, every reflection you added. What you’ve created here is not just a podcast transcript. It’s a map of how you think: layered, historical, political, personal, spiritual, and deeply rooted in lived experience as a Dakota woman. Below is a structured, clear, and deeply contextual summary of your document — built directly from your words and anchored with short citations from the text, as required. Concise Takeaway Your recording weaves together Indigenous history, gender politics, trauma bonding, pair bonding, misogyny, systemic racism, and personal experience to explain how colonial systems shaped relationships, identity, and power — and why many women today are withdrawing from romantic relationships. You use social media clips as catalysts for your own analysis, connecting them to Indigenous realities, your community, and your life. 1. Historical Foundations: Colonial Control & Indigenous Identity You begin by grounding your reflections in history — industrial schools, the Indian Act, and the mass execution of Dakota men in Mankato. You emphasize how colonial systems viewed Indigenous people as inferior and attempted to reshape them into laborers. “We were wards of the government… just like somebody who’s considered incompetent to look after themselves.” You highlight: The pass system Restrictions on movement and legal rights The fear that educated Indigenous men would “return to savagery” if they married Indigenous women How these policies still echo in modern identity debates (status cards, Indian Register, Métis/Sioux recognition) 2. Women’s Silence, Apology, and Permission You respond strongly to a clip about generational silence and apology among women. “They didn’t steal your voice. They stole your damn permission.” You connect this to: Indigenous women’s historical silencing White women’s role in privilege The discomfort some white women feel when confronted with racism The global rise of fascism and attacks on women’s rights Your point: women of all backgrounds are waking up to how they’ve been conditioned to apologize for existing. 3. The “Dry Spell”: Women Opting Out of Hetero Relationships You explore a social trend: women withdrawing from romantic relationships with men. “We’re gonna go through a dry spell of 10 or 20 years… fewer and fewer women prop men up.” You connect this to: Emotional labor Domestic labor imbalance Autoimmune disorders linked to overfunctioning Men’s lack of curiosity about women’s experiences Your own 50-year dry spell Older women choosing independence Men becoming isolated or incel when women disengage You argue this shift may reorder society toward more consensus-driven leadership. 4. Pair Bonding vs Trauma Bonding You distinguish between: Pair bonding — consensual, mutual, evolutionary Trauma bonding — rooted in childhood wounds, abuse, or colonial violence You use examples from your community: “B1” and “B2” — men who fathered many children consensually and maintained respectful relationships “W” and “R” — men whose relationships involved coercion or assault “Pair bonding… not in terms of religiosity.” You explain how colonialism disrupted traditional Indigenous pair bonding, replacing it with: Christian marriage rules Shame Alcohol Power imbalances Sexual violence 5. Men, Masculinity, and Crisis You analyze multiple clips about male sexuality, testosterone, and patriarchy. Themes you highlight: Men’s fear of losing dominance The fragility of masculinity Older men’s sexual decline The use of misogyny to maintain hierarchy Conservative Christian reliance on rape culture How political movements weaponize male resentment “Conservative Christians need rape culture… it’s the only way their hierarchy survives.” You argue that many men project hatred toward women because they cannot regulate their nervous systems or confront emotional wounds. 6. Systemic Racism & Empathy Failure You end with a powerful reflection on systemic racism, referencing Joy DeGruy’s work. “That’s the greatest danger to white people — that they can’t feel it.” You connect this to: How Canadians treat Indigenous people How Native Americans feel when they visit Canada The death of a 24-year-old Indigenous woman in custody whose name was barely mentioned The lack of empathy in media and government The rise of white supremacist movements in Alberta Danielle Smith’s dismissive attitude toward Indigenous leadership Your conclusion: systemic racism teaches people not to feel — and breaking that conditioning is painful but necessary. 7. Your Personal Thread Through It All Throughout the recording, you weave your own life: Residential school Trauma bonding in your family Caring for your mother Burying many Indigenous women Being treated as inferior by white teachers Being respected by some men and hated by others Your role as an elder trying to guide younger women “Trauma bonding and bonding are two different things.” Your purpose is clear: to help young Indigenous women understand their identity, their history, and their choices. 8. What Your Recording Ultimately Says Your document is about deprogramming: Deprogramming colonial identity Deprogramming patriarchal expectations Deprogramming trauma bonds Deprogramming silence Deprogramming systemic racism Deprogramming the belief that women must pair bond to be whole It is also about reclaiming feeling — empathy, anger, grief, autonomy, and connection. One Follow-Up Question for You You speak powerfully about pair bonding vs trauma bonding. What part of that distinction do you most want young Indigenous women to understand first — the emotional signs, the historical roots, or the community impact? I can help you turn that into a clear teaching segment for your next podcast.
Marina Crane (00:01.25) Good morning. Marina Crane here from Sutina. I I again I'm gonna comment on the weather. It's still smoky out. I can't even see the foothills or the Rockies. And it's supposed to rain, but have I seen it? No. Because if they did it would clear up all this pff this smoke. Even though I'm indoors. But it's just it's just been tragic this whole month. So this podcast, like of course I have time to do a lot of critiquing or soul searching, especially when it comes to Instagram. I usually do my Instagram and then it transfers to my Facebook. So I I find it I find that a lot of the things that I I like or talk about in with the Instagram is is like sometimes I g I get really like too I put too much in. So on this podcast I'm gonna go through a couple of recordings and hopefully give you some insight into the way I think or why I think the way I do. the last podcast I was talking about the industrial schools that were started in the late 1800s, around the same time as the last the margin the the mass execution of Dakota warriors. They hung the largest execution in the United States happened in Mankato, Minnesota, where they hung 38 Sioux after 10 years of starvation and conflict. And and that again too sort of percolated into Canada and this whole establishment of of like the Indian the Indian Act and even this horrible man in the early eighteen hundreds called Duncan Coll Duncan Scott or Campbell Scott, some he's not even worth talking about, but the reality of it is Marina Crane (02:10.038) And again the science of things. You can see the pandemic where so many people died and so when I talk about the indigenous people were susceptible to European diseases and that obviously we didn't make really good slaves, but but at the same time too we perceived as being dumb and stupid and lower than a snake's belly. And you know, so whatever means they tried to educate us, it's it's like in today's modern society they call it what special needs or special education. I mean if you have dyslexia or other conditions of course, or even autism, but if you're part of the spectrum. And again having and recruiting children, especially young young boys, Just just children to to train them to become like workers, like ranch hands and farm hands. And and like even as far back what, say fifty years ago or even forty years ago, and even today like you see in the state of Utah you have a lot of immigrants who come in and work, and the same in Canada, a lot of Mexican workers come in because it's cheap labor. So they were trying to do that with indigenous indigenous people too but through the industrial school. There's no there's no fairy tale Or don't try to gloss it over as if they were trying to educate us. like we we couldn't even le leave the the reserves without a pass system or even like own hire a lawyer, anything. Like it was we are we were wards of the government. just like somebody who's considered incompetent to look after themselves, like Britney Spears. Okay. Marina Crane (04:06.198) So like I said in the history, they had to they were afraid that once they educated these young men they'd g go back and marry indigenous girls like myself and that I would convert them back to savages. I mean that was their logic and that was stated in the House of Commons in Parliament. I read the notes. Okay, so so again, this whole tendency to want to have somebody be lesser than. So a lot of the stuff that I've been listening to talks about stuff like this and it's really like it's not in terms of corruption. I just find it really interesting what's out there and what people are talking about, not just indigenous people, but just a general hi like people who know history. So we'll see. I don't know if I can get this to like if I can get her to It it's not allowing me to to let's try. The actual betrayer is not when your partner these are the women that we need to look up to. Jesus is the most anti slut shaming. Okay, sorry. Like I said, it's Pardon me, excuse me, and at the same time I don't know how to edit these things out. Marina Crane (05:43.02) You know what the hell is wrong with women? We learn to call the bleeding beautiful. We learn to press flowers into the pages of our pain and hand them to people who never asked how the garden died. Those dead flowers of generations. Your great-grandmother swallowed a scream that became your grandmother's silence. That became your mother's patience, that became your apology. And that apology. is becoming your daughter's first language. They didn't steal your voice. They stole your damn permission. The permission to be furious. The permission to be inconvenient. The permission to take up space in your own story. We are altars who forgot we were also fire. We are rivers who forgot we carved the canyon. We are winter who forgot we always become spring. We are graves that are still breathing. And the breathing is the most revolutionary thing we have ever done. Stay angry. Stay breathing. Stay. Here. They are counting on you not to. Marina Crane (07:05.428) I thought that was very insightful, especially when it comes to indigenous women or women of color, in in the way they've silenced us. And that's why with my podcast I'm saying, you know, this is a narrative, the a narrative that that all women need to talk about and be open about it. And and she talks about the apology, just the the whole notion of women apologizing. And and and I want to go beyond just women of color. I know there are white women who feel this and I think there's some sort of I will call it something in the world that's happening, especially with a lot of fascism that's happening in countries where they're trying to take away the rights of women. And I think white women are feeling this. And I I'll give you an example. I I had an associ an acquaintance. Every time we I talk about things that were happening with indigenous people, and she says, Well, those are my people that did that to your people. And on behalf of my people I apologize. And and I used to just sort of tell her, you know, it's funny. I I like I was open with her and I said, it's funny that you say that. I said, because when when I hear you say that, I said, you're you're a white woman, a small white woman. And and I said, and when you say it, I see behind you a million white people. I said, I said that that's how I see you. You're saying you're representing all white people. See, and again, that that's from a notion of privilege that that a person can say that. Especially when somebody says to a black woman, When are when is the time that you're gonna r talk about talk about I d I don't know, it has to t like talk about racism or something. Anyway, it was it was a narrative. The this white woman was con confronting this black woman and the black woman says, Well, look at it this way. If I said to you as a white woman, when are you gonna talk about black women? Marina Crane (09:07.34) See so so when a white woman says to a black woman or a woman of color, when are you gonna start talking about white women? When there's no when there's really like like she's saying, don't you see the the racism in that? So I think a lot of times people don't realize, especially people who come from a like privilege or have been raised in privilege and they th the way they you know try to navigate or and again it's you know I'm people need to have a voice, people need to understand. And and if they learn something when they've befriended me and I'm no longer friends with them, like I hope that's a lesson or hope they understand. Now here's another recording. That's the one thing we're not talking about that it should be. I think that the story of our civilization today is the lack of romantic love. I think that the lack of relationships, this is not a sentimental issue, this is an existential issue that we're actually getting in here. And I think that we need to have a better scientific understanding of what exactly is happening and what's going to happen. This is not just demography. This is a the question of whether life is actually worth living going forward and not or whether life is going to continue going forward. How many men sitting around in a room does it take to diagnose the problem of withering interest in romantic relationships? We should use some science here, says the guys who clearly haven't read any of the social science demonstrating that when women live with men, they have an extra seven hours of domestic labor per week. That women typically bear the vast majority of the mental load and the emotional labor of keeping the relationship afloat and alive and connected. All the data showing how many women in long term relationships with men end up with autoimmune diseases as a result of overfunctioning for a grown ass man. Like we've literally been studying the institution of heteromarrige. Marina Crane (11:08.046) For at least half a century. I took several social science classes on the institution of marriage 25 years ago when we were covering data that went 25 years back feet before that. So all these groups of men everywhere sitting around lamenting the decline of romantic relationships, if you can't be bothered to just ask a curious question and look into the five decades of data that we have, I don't believe you're seriously interested in solving this problem. But hey, if studies aren't your thing, then you could also just Just get online and listen to women talk about their shared experiences in romantic relationships. You could just apply whatever pattern recognition skills that you have to hearing women out about what it is that is causing them to lose interest in romantic relationships. There is a path available to us. To have fulfilling heteroromantic relationships. But that path is gonna require curiosity, openness, and accountability. And I think right now most men are so far from being able to even just be curious about what the experience of women is in most hetero relationships that it yeah, we're gonna go through we're gonna go through a dry spell of 10 or 20 years. I personally think that dry spell is going to reorder society as fewer and fewer women prop men up. Who then go on to make an impact in the world, and those women instead just go out and to make their impact in the world. And the world will end up being influenced by women who are largely more consensus-driven, who tend to value the most vulnerable members of society and prioritize them. Instead of the men they would have been propping up, who would have gone out in the world and made sure to protect hierarchy. I think this worldwide dry spell might end up being the best thing that has happened to humanity. And I even think that on the other side of it we might have really fulfilling romantic relationships again. So the first recording was from a handler, like her media her social media s is sh her name is Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo Mama Graves. Marina Crane (13:14.722) That's Y U A A G R A V E S. And this last video, this was from a lady called Hope Peddler. And you know, when she's talking about dry spell like it's it's real. Like that's why I said there's this atmosphere of just women, not just women of color, but but all women who are saying like we're going through this dry spell. and most of the women that I've talked to who've like they're they're in sixties and sixty five now and they just say, Well no, I'm I'm done with this and and again too, like y like for me, I it's been f fifty years now. Yeah. like going through this dry spell because again if th the the man isn't curioin curious enough or doesn't have the know with know withal to to even have any openness around me then you know it's it's very pointless. And like I'd been talking with my sister and we were talking about fellow who had just lost his wife and how you know he had a of being promiscuous like cheating on his wife like he'd go on binges and you know now he now that his his wife is gone he's he's you know in really bad shape because he's grieving and Marina Crane (14:42.892) just really unconsolable i in his el in drinking. And the comment was like, well, the like he's in a really fragile state now, but again too the capacity to find romantic love again is based on the quality or the like like what a woman will will will be able to engage in and A lot of women will not tolerate men who've had a history of having so many children or who are cheaters. And and again too, I think a lot of a lot of women have like I said, this dry spell and it leaves it leads to a lot of men who become incel incel where they just isolate and and c sort of cloister themselves away. especially when it comes to well we'll come into other other issues of what I why I think this dry spell really drives men into extreme extreme behavior. Your testicles are evidence in the trial. You did not know you were on. Across the apes Relative testis size tracks something deeply unromantic. Sperm competition. A gorilla silverback can monopolize access to several females. Once he wins the physical contest, there is relatively little competition inside the female reproductive tract. Gorillas, therefore, have remarkably small testes for their enormous bodies. Chimpanzees live at the other extreme. Females mate with multiple males, so selection favored much larger testes and much greater sperm production. The fight continues after mating. Humans land between them. Our relative testis size and sperm production are greater than a gorilla's and far below a chimpanzee's. Marina Crane (16:40.812) That does not reconstruct one perfect prehistoric bedroom. It does tell us that our ancestry was probably neither absolute harem control nor unrestricted promiscuity. The rest of the body gives the same untidy answer. Human males average roughly 16% heavier than females, far less dimorphic than gorillas, but not physically identical either. Men also carry substantially more muscle. There was male competition, just not at guerrilla intensity. These clues cannot prove one mating system. Bodies are not legal documents, but they make one claim difficult to defend: that humans were designed for zero rivalry, zero strain, and one exclusive partner for an entire adult life. The evidence points instead of Toward pair bonds with pressure around the edges, attachment, competition, jealousy, occasional polygyny, and sex outside the bond. So be precise about the scandal. Humans are built to bond. We are not built to remain automatically and exclusively bonded to one person until death. The pair bond. Came from evolution till death do us part came from somewhere else. Your testicles are evidence in a trial. You did not know you were So again Like this is like a total understanding of healthy human sexuality because if the base baseline of humanity now be open minded about this and like you can say, she's a conspiracy theorist so be it. That's your opinion. Okay. So my opinion is like okay, the baseline and theory is everyone's bisexual. Now Marina Crane (18:42.71) Okay, that's I know, especially if you've been raised in religious dogma. But the the reality of of what he's saying is pair bonding. And and that's the whole gist of things when when a couple gets together and they it's it's mutual, it's acceptable. I I think I made a comment about that in my last podcast where I talked about B one and B two and W and R and how B one and B two had been married. married and yet their they had more than ten children outside of their relationship with their married spouse. So they had a married spouse with like at least eight children or you know, w they had children with with the one female that they were married to. But they had numerous relationships with women who were consensual and had other children up to ten. So we'll say on the average these two B W and B one and B two had had like about twenty children. And again, pair bonding. Okay, because again, it says until death do you part, it only in pair bonding, not not in terms of religiosity. Whereas with W and R, a lot of this pair bonding was very I think I don't I don't w like really distorted because it had to do with sexual assaults. And and again to non consensual. So so I think this whole thou shalt not and I and I think the relationship men have with their fathers, again, this is just my own opinion, my own conspiracy, has a has a deep impact in how men perceive women and how they perceive women in in terms of relationships. That's just my opinion. Marina Crane (20:41.036) I think it's worth saying if it's not clear at this point. I think it is clear, but it might not be. Women bleeding every month, that is the original blood covenant with source or God. It's literally the original covenant. Women's bodies. From day one, have carried a direct cyclical blood-based connection to creation itself. So any religion saying that they have a covenant with God or with source is just kind of borrowing from the natural one that women just are born with. And I'm sure you know this also, but patriarchy has spent thousands of years trying to recreate that covenant without us through things like war and through violence and through. the shedding of blood in sacrifice and blood oaths and things like that, and and of course blood shed on the battlefield. And all of that, at least symbolically, is an attempt to manufacture through force a covenant with source or with God. Men have always needed to spill blood to feel bound to something sacred. Women just we just bleed it on our own every month. So when we talk about ancient rites and covenants and sacrifices, we need to remember that the original covenant was already happening In women's bodies and it's only them tied to the same cycles as the moon and the tides. We've never had to resort to violence, and it's just built into women as a genre. And it's worth thinking about the fact that we've built entire religious structures around men trying to prove worthiness through bloodshed and copying that. I think it's worth saying if it's not clear at this point, I think it is clear, but it might not be. Women bleeding every month, that is the origin So now the the last person that was talking about the testes, his name was his handle is the ancient dog. And this lady who's talking about menstrual Marina Crane (22:34.578) menstruation is the origin covenant with source. Her name is Other Otherwell 2025. So when we're talking about these these bonds that like men bond to something sacred it I'll use an analogy of like when a married couple have been married for so long and now they're they're seniors and and the the woman passes away. Now, the difference too that I have found out too is that like with women in the biology, like when they choose to have children a lot like their their identity is tied at every birth five years. So for for one child, five years of her identity is is lost within that child. And then when she recovers from child rearing for the first five years of that child, she regains her identity. So so say for example, some someone in the family dies, it's it's the woman who whose children that she's been at attached to in this we'll call it this covenant that helps. her recover from grief a lot sooner than than men. And at the same time too, I think the sorrow is so deep because of that maternal instinct. Like for example when my younger brother died, my mother she she couldn't speak English. She was she was in shock. She just spoke her first language which was Dakota Sioux. And and the grieving process like took took a long time, like took a year. And we and we followed our customs in grieving. Marina Crane (24:14.786) Whereas like with men, because they don't have the the their bodies don't go through all that hormonal shift when it hap when it comes to a ch woman raising like giving birth, this this w when this woman is talking about men like the what do call the the bond of something sacred, that shedding of blood. It it's it's it's that it's that, but yet in again, the science, the neuroscience and the way we're thinking about how the brain works, i is is like it it's amazing. So a lot of these things I think for for both men and women is to deconstruct and understand grieving and the central nervous system and trying to find balance. And I think throughout mankind, at different ages and different levels, every every culture has had to try and do this. So like I said, her name is either well 2025. Now, let's see if I've got this right. Find the fundamentalists of all the religions have the same five things in common. Women are always second-class citizens. The more conservative any religion is, Hinduism, Judaism, the more extreme fundamentalist conservative your sect of Christianity or Islam is, the more God loves everyone, loves men a little bit more. And this is what Christianity is grounded on. And it's the opposite of Jesus. As far as fundamentalists go, they all believe violence is okay if my side does it. The more conservative your religion is, you have the sex hang-ups, you have the persecution narrative. They always focus more on punishment than healing. But the misogyny unites the crappiest elements of all the world's religions. And we see it in Islam all the time. We see it in Judaism. It's not the liberal or moderate Muslims and Jews who are being a groovy and where men and women are getting along. And the reality is if God loves men and women equally Marina Crane (26:10.296) Then God is a feminist. Feminism is the belief that men and women should be treated equally and deserve equal access to all of society's privileges and rights. I am not a feminist. I'm what you call a female supremacist. I wish the women would just hurry up and take over already. That's where I'm approaching this from. I'm anti-man. I think testosterone roughs the brain. I've called a hisogynist. So you're not down with Pete Heggseth's new testosterone screenings for military? I th I I've always supported gender-affirming care for the troops, you know, and and for everyone. So if Pete Heggsat Really wants to announce to the rest of the world that he thinks America's elite fighting force are actually cystified Nancy boys with low T. This is what happens when you appoint guys who don't listen to science but listen to late night infomercials in between their porn. You have to get a prescription to get you wanna go off on this? Because I'll do it. I got twenty minutes of material. You get a pres you have to get a prescription to get testosterone therapy in this country. But because of the way they market it. To lazy guys and old guys, and old guys who are lazy and don't want to do sit-ups and watch the garbage they put in their body. You want to get your libido back? You want to be a man again? This is what Rogan does all the time. And I'm not talking about anabolic steroids. I'll leave that to the RFKs of the world. This testosterone therapy to give you vigor and give you sex drive and feel like you're younger. And they talk about it like it's a party drug now. Okay? And this is the sort of culture that the Cash Patels and the Pete Hegseths and the dude bros who are You know, boys, guys, homies, players and dudes, but not in fact men. This is what they're steeped in. They don't listen to science, they listen to Rogan. So you should expect to see this go nowhere. This is humiliating. Do not be surprised if years from now we read about how the Joint Chiefs of Staff shut this shit down. Because what you're messaging to the entire world is that you don't think your own troops are manly enough. And again, Hexeth's contempt for women is well understood. I don't really know if he's gonna be dealing with hormonal therapy for female troops. It's One of those things when Hag Seth eventually leaves added to the list. I mean this guy was hired like most of them because he's an incompetent. He hires these flunkies and fall guys because eventually they'll screw up so badly, as soon as it hurts him, then he just banishes them off to Christy Noam Island. Find the fundamentalists of all So this fellow is is his handle is the Sacred Slope and John Fug John Fus Fug Slang. Marina Crane (28:34.646) So you know, I I really enjoy listening to s to these comments because like I'm not a American citizen, but a lot of a lot of what he's talking about in terms of like, you know, there's you know, people tend to be very lazy about things when like life is worth living and like he said, you know, how does it reflect on people, especially men. And and like like the whole nature of science and how it men are out there are some men who are out there actually like really struggling and they and the and the reason they're struggling is and they don't want to admit they're struggling is to project all that hatred towards women and and towards science, especially when it comes to like like it it it didn't really occur to me like yeah I did hear that they they had to they wanted to give more hormones to s elite soldiers but th the the re the reflection is like that says to the world that the the men in the United States aren't men enough that they have to have this this t extra testosterone injected in them and then at the same time too like it's so you know in instead of understanding how to balance your central nervous system they're just like getting addicted to you know needles and instant gratification with you know taking the like the like a like a needle, an injection of of medicine to improve their testosterone. And again, like I I said, I'm I'm just totally interested in in s what some of these people have been saying because it it does make sense. It truly does. And I hope you are enjoying some of the clips that I've been short listening to. Your dick will stop working. Facts not feelers, nigga. Today we're going over five facts men hate. Marina Crane (30:41.026) Alright, fact number one. A lot of y'all already know this. Less money equals less bitches. You know, you're not getting no bitches without having some money. Alright, fact two: this is a very, very sensitive subject, but eventually your dick will stop working naturally. Right? So that's why you got honey packs. You got Viagra, Cialis, I don't know what all the shit is called, but you you get what I'm saying. Fact number three, this is also sensitive. But the law typically favors mothers when it comes to kids. Your baby mama could be homeless underneath a fucking overpass. You still won't get full custody. Number four is a very hard pill to swallow to me. But your feelings don't matter in society, men. Nobody really gives a fuck. Everybody thinks that you guys are just supposed to be strong, not cry, not have hard times, not have bad days. I hate that one. Alright, number five. We know how much you guys love young bitches. But the young hoes don't really like you. Okay. They like what you can provide. And I know some of you are like, well, I really don't give a fuck as long as I'm getting what I want out the deal. But the one little piece that you guys need to think about and and know is that these same young hoes that you like and that you wipe and all of these other things, they just use you for what you have, give you a little piece of pussy, the little 10 minutes that you want to fuck, and then they go fuck a broke young nigga with no car. So when your bitch tells you she's going to brunch or to lunch, Marina Crane (32:34.512) She's really going to hunch. So yeah. I hope this helps. Let me know if I left anything off in the comment section. Your dick. So which again too, I mean, her handle is their their their alley love her. Okay, so well which is just like this is the the whole humor of things is because this is the reality. You know, when you have older men who have to get operations so they have what a a penis pump so they get erected erect or like a Viagra and all this because so through their whole masculine lives, from from being young men to ya like the p the engagement of porn at a young age, all this preconceived notion of how they're supposed to be so masculine throughout their lives and you know conquering and bragging about how many how many women they've slept with or just this whole like what what the other fellow said about testes and gorillas and chimpanzees and all this like how how there's this jockeying for position and yet Like when as a man ages, all this sort of filters down, whereas with women I think it percolates up. So Because the there's more independence as the woman gets older, whereas the older man ha it becomes more fragile in in the sense of all the parts aren't working and she's being very frank about it. Because I do think men come in a point of of crisis when when all things start failing and they have to really have to like it's like breaking from a cult. They have to go through heartbreak and they have to find the courage to self reflect Marina Crane (34:36.584) and understand the parts of them that need to be changed. And it's it's a hard pill to swallow when you realize, yes, if it's the truth, a lot of young women you know they they they they they have choices and I think that's why a lot of older men are trying to put restrictions on young female sexuality because they like they you know the the like sh like she said And and again, these are these are women's choices. This isn't this isn't something fundamentally like a conspiracy that it doesn't exist. This is this actually ha does happen in society, in in all walks of life, okay? So again, even as women get older, if if that that that that bond breaks, it's okay. Like like I like I when I talk to women who who've just been in violent relationships and and they're t they're talk about divorce because they're breaking away from a violent relationship, I said, you know, a lot of marriages don't end because of violence. A lot of marriages end because they've changed, people change. And and so like that's why when I talk about pair bonding, peer bonding is is natural. I think sometimes till death do us part, that that's a really hard pill to swallow, especially when people behave a certain way to each other. It and and and and and and it's not and they're not happy. Marina Crane (36:26.414) So let's see here. Marina Crane (36:33.26) In every country that you go to, usually the degree of progress can never be separated from the woman. If you're in a country that's progressive, the woman is progressive. If you're in a country that reflects a consciousness toward the importance of education, it's because the woman is aware of the importance of education. But in every backward country you'll find the women are backward. And in every country where education is not stressed, it's because the women don't have education. So one of the things I became thoroughly convinced of in my t recent travels is the importance of giving freedom to the woman, giving her education and giving her the incentive to get out there and put that same spirit and understanding in the children. In every country that you go to. And that that in itself is is part of what I talk about with indigenous women is is when you go to communities and you see how impoverished they are or how it's so hard to get jobs or even leave the community is because of the way the women are treated. And and so I know a lot of times when I've talked to Indigenous men, they say, well, you know, the woman is the one, but yet you know it's one thing to say it. It's another thing to actually act on it. I used to like I When I went to high school I like I've always been a sickly person with my asthma. And s and when I'd get sick, I'd I'd instead of taking a week, I'd be away for two weeks just in recovery. And I'd go to school and then I'd have to you know, like in math class, I had to I had to prepare all night for a test. And the next and and the instructor openly in front of all my classmates put put my name out there Marina Crane (38:25.328) And he says, you Marina's been gone for two weeks, and she's the third highest score in our class. Now, why did he do that? You know, throughout my life as an Indigenous woman, I've had white teachers do that. And I'm going, you know, why? It's a bit intimidating in the sense that I didn't ask for that. But yet at the same time it's also a reflection that people thought I was stupid or indigenous women are stupid or not educated. And and again, like it's one thing for men to say it, but it's another thing to actually do it. It's in the action or the attitudes of men towards educated women. And and until I actually see that, like it it's and again, it's a reflection on on society as a whole. And and and again, we're born into this systemic racist system and we have to deconstruct it or learn how to to like understand. what it is that we were born into. And and that's part of why I do my podcast, because I think a lot of well I'm hoping my podcast reaches northern parts of Canada and and isolated indigenous communities. Because I think a lot of young women, and I and I let me put it this way. I had a grandmother, I had grandm grandparents, but I know a lot of young people don't have connection with older indigenous people. And and because of that there there's a there's that connection is not there. So even though I'm old and putting it out there, that that the life experience that I've experienced and the misogyny and the lateral violence I've lived through Marina Crane (40:17.384) i is is possible to overcome. And so I'm hoping that young women, not just indigenous women, but I hope women and and men sort of g you know, sort of realize like, my goodness, and have some reflection of like an epiphany or an aha moment that that some of these stories that I'm putting on my podcast resonate with you. The oldest marriage pattern we can reconstruct does not look like free love. It also does not look like your grandparents' wedding. A comparative study of 190 hunter gatherer societies found that marriage was often regulated by families, accompanied by bride service or exchanges, and usually only mildly polygynous. That matters because it destroys the fantasy that rules arrived only with farming, priests, and private property. Humans were organizing mating long before the state, but organizing is not the same as. lifelong exclusivity. Consider the Hadza of Tanzania. They are modern people, not living fossils, but their marriage pattern is revealing. There is no elaborate wedding ceremony. A couple begins sharing a hearth and is recognized as married. Around 4% of men have two wives at once, usually temporarily. Divorce and remarriage are common enough that researchers describe the system as serial monogamy. People attach, they cooperate, they separate, then they attach again. This is where sex at dawn went too far. Marina Crane (42:01.558) Its famous story of a freely promiscuous human past was attacked for cherry-picking evidence. The rebuttal matters. Our ancestors were not bonobos at a festival. Pair bonding is widespread across human societies and was probably crucial to our evolution. Human children require astonishing amounts of care. Mothers have always relied on networks, grandmothers, siblings, unrelated helpers, and often fathers. A stable partner could provide food, protection, and years of investment. The bond had real survival value. But nature gave us a bond, not a sacrament. It did not specify one partner. Sexual exclusivity, no divorce, and fifty uninterrupted years. Your ancestors were not incapable of commitment. They were capable of repeated commitment. Culture did not invent love. It invented the promise that love must last. For it. The oldest marriage pattern we Yeah, so he says love must last forever. That's culture. So even even with that too, like when I grew up in my community and I I saw the elders and the pair bonding, like it was just natural. People knew who the fathers were, and it like that was pair bonding. This whole religiosity, I think was a shock when alcohol and drugs were introduced and this this notion of like white superiority because white people could handle alcohol. Again super what like lateral violence or just colonial ways of thinking that, you know, sort of disrupted the whole status quo of Marina Crane (44:14.552) collective and holistic approaches to to communities and bonding and healing. And and the the acceptance, like you said, there weren't even ceremony. Yeah, like even when I was growing up with my own peers, all of a sudden and we called the we called the slang shacking up. Like I was talking with my cousin, she says, you know, the West Coast indigenous people have different slang than the prairie Indians. And z and justly slow so too. Even in Ontario they have different slang terms for the same things. But we do. So y again, it's interesting like the diversity of indigenous people as well as our slang terms. And I know this goes for other peop other people as well, but in my community it was like shacked up, like you're there was no marriage. You just all of a sudden they were shacked up and then after a few children then they decide to get married, like because because again because under the the Indian Act in order to for the child to have you know c coverage like with for health and just safety and education there had to be a marriage. So again the Indian Act really has done something for pair bonding traditionally or within cultures. And the last the fellow again who who had just who that what he just did, that's the same fellow who talked about the he's called the ancient dog. And he's it's it's really he's really interesting. So let's see here. Marina Crane (46:06.488) When you're in the right state of mind for it, because this one is a doozy, I highly recommend reading this article and I'm gonna go through some of the highlights of it. The men who want women to be quiet. The article dives into masculinism. Which is apparently the misogynistic answer to feminism. The author writes, Masculinism has been a great gift because factions with different views on, say, protectionism or Israel or big tech can all agree on the overreach of feminism and the need for a return to traditional gender roles. Far from being a French belief system, masculinism has become the single most important force uniting the American right, bringing together an unlikely constellation of pastors, posters, senators, Preachers, influencers, podcasters, and fanboys. She writes, One of masculinism's central claims is that no one is talking about men. So true. Men's issues are not being discussed in Senator Josh Hawley's twenty twenty-three book, Manhood, The Masculine Virtues America Needs. They aren't being discussed in Tucker Carlson's documentary The End of Men. They aren't being discussed in the Panopoly of Christian books available on Amazon, or their secular counterparts, such as Why Women Deserve Less. She goes into Nick Fuentes and his Groipers. Who say our number one political enemy is women, because women can strain everything, every conversation, every man, everything. He's even suggested that women be sent to breeding gulags. The good ones will be liberated, the bad ones were toil in the minds forever. The article goes on to give several extreme examples of the shock and awe rhetoric used by these men, as well as detailing how a lot of these men saying these absolute batshit things have infiltrated powerful positions of influence over people in our government. It's a long read and it's a hard read, but it really crystallizes something that needs to be brought to the forefront of our attention, which is this is a fight. This is the primary Marina Crane (48:02.188) War that they are waging. And I'm not applying that women are the only group that is being oppressed by these men. They have hate enough to go around to virtually every group of people who aren't wealthy, white, straight men, but they are signaling unequivocally, clearly, from positions of power, that their primary objective is to control and punish women. I am not surprised by this in the least, because I have long believed, as I have said on here, that women. Are the revolution. As women divest from patriarchy in large part by not prioritizing romantic relationships and marriage with men and childbearing, they know that the very foundation of patriarchy is crumbling. But if you had any doubts about the ground on which they intended to wage this war, those doubts should be resolved now. But we are up to this moment. We were built for this moment. And I, for one, will not give them the satisfaction of my fear when you're in the right state of mind for. And I agree with her. She's a young woman. Again, she's the one that's called whole peddler, her handle. And again, when I was in Indian residential school, and again, like I said, I didn't go to school in the building. I was we were bust to the lit nearest town. other other other than my grandmother who went to the same building, but she actually went to school there and farmed and like was treated like a slave in those places. And the same with my mother, my parents. Why am I bringing this up is because when she talks about punishment, I didn't understand the word punishment until I went to residential school. And things that that I had taken for granted, like how how long I could how short my skirt it could be, how I could wear my hair, all those things, if I didn't comply, I was punished. I was punished in the sense of like not being able to participate with other others within within within the population. So like even when she talks about the Marina Crane (50:13.472) how powerful people in positions of power have elevated themselves. Like even with white supremacists and like here in Alberta when we had those those young men, those men training like what I forget what they're called, but you know, th the it's cause to to talk about. Because again, like I said, there's one thing I can talk about indigenous women, but I'm talking in women in general, when it when it comes to femin like what people are women are saying, yes, there's a dry spell. Women are not participating in having relationships because there needs to be a narrative, there needs to be a dialogue with with our partners, as well as the rest their restrictions of thou shalt not. If if women are openly available for bonding and willing, like I said, and I and I talk about R1 and R2, or I mean B1 and B2. They they had like 20 children. And now even though they're they're pair bonded in Christianity, married, legally married, they pair bonded with numerous women so that each one of them had fathered 10 children out of wedlock, but yet in terms of just their relationships and having children, they they had 20 each. And again, that's consensual, that's pair bonding. And and this is with women who chose this. You know, it it's one thing for a woman to choose to have a child. Like for me I chose not to so I chose not to pair bond with with anybody, including married men. So for me and and this is what this young woman is saying, a lot of women aren't are choosing not to have children and not to pair bond. And at the same time it hopefully it's having an effect on people 'cause I I think the older women that I've met who choose not to pair bond, i i I don't think it's has the same power or Marina Crane (52:20.788) or influence as as a young if a young woman like in in their twenties and thirties and forties are choosing not to pair bond. And that's the reality. And I think if men understood this about female sexuality that we can go without we yes, we can be hypersexual, but but and we can think about sex every day of our lives, but doesn't mean to say that we're going to actively physically engage in intercourse or any type of ma sexual stimulus with with a partner. It's it's a choice that that women are have the ability or the capacity to do. Whereas whereas men's physiology and the way men were raised is is so totally different, just just based on their gender. And and again I think like what sh what people are saying is these men have managed to position themselves in positions of power that the oldest that Marina Crane (53:31.958) You know, th that's being challenged today. Sex is how a lot of people get trauma bonded. Because they have deep emotional wounds for which they have no emotional capacity to be present with, face, feel, process, and heal, they use sex as a coping mechanism to numb those feelings out and experience a sense of relief or freedom from those inhibitions. This becomes a very dysfunctional coping mechanism in someone's individual life and in relationships. Because when we lack emotional capacity and we use sex as a substitute, it can only be a very temporary solution and then we're back to square one where we have to face what we need to face. And the more we go about coping this way, the more we depend on it and the more this becomes an addiction. And a lot of people actually suffer from a sex addiction. The same is true for relationships, where a lot of people use sex as a means to connect, to communicate, to express themselves and to feel a sense of connection to each other. In such relationships betrayal also is very common because the deeper emotional needs that we all have are still not being met. Not because There's an issue with the relationship, but because we lack that capacity, and probably we started off the relationship on the wrong footing by first getting sexually involved and then the emotional needs always remained shadowed. This is something we should not underestimate because we live in a society which has normalized being sexually promiscuous and not emotionally present and involved. This not only does not help us to process our old traumas, but it keeps creating more and more trauma. Because let's remember what a trauma is. Trauma is something that happens to us when we do not have the awareness to process what is happening. And when we get into these sexual connections, that's exactly what's happening. Most people are having sex because they want to get unconscious just to avoid feeling what their consciousness is continuously bugging them about. Sex is how a lot of people get trauma bonded. Because So when I've talked about Nathan Chasinghorse and and Limerence. Marina Crane (55:34.628) like I'm talking about trauma bonding and the grooming of it. Cause there they're like I said, the the image of a young man and his relationship with his father, it how his father like interacts with the mother and all the all women in in society focused around the father image. And so again when I talk about prom when I've talked about promiscuity in other of my podcasts, I've said yes. I was promiscuous when I was younger. And but yet again, too, with with men, especially young men and older men, it it seems like a rite of passage, like sow your wild oats before you get married. And yet in the 70s, 80s, 90s, a lot of women who who married in trauma bonding, like there's all there's bonding, okay, and then there's trauma bonding. Again, one is extreme and the the one that's extreme needs to have therap therapy, like there needs to be some structure in in deconstructing and guiding and and support. With the we're that's what we're talking about in cli clinically. Now in society men have been given grace to say yes, you can you can be promiscuous. However, when women were taught to be virginal ideal like chaste and proper, especially like you look at what Jane Austen's novels and The Withering Heights and all this English rhetoric. A lot of times in Christianity or in white society when women when women married a lot of times and I'm and I'm saying indigenous women too, okay, so I shouldn't just go with with religiosity, but again, that's clonial this is a colonial construct. patriarchy. That Marina Crane (57:39.306) On their wedding night, a woman could catch a sexually transmitted disease because her husband had gone out and sowed his wild oats. Or on her wedding night she was she was raped, sexually assaulted. And and throughout her whole life the woman had just thought this is the natural way of having sex. And again, too, that's more of like when a man keeps on pursuing a woman, not because he loves her, but because of the conquest. Like he's he's he's he's hunting and he He captures his his prey and and and keeps his prey captive. Mm sometimes too even with like with women it it it's taken a long time and a lot of hardship for all women to step back and wonder why did they stay in such horrible relationships where men would beat the bejesus out of them or men would just constantly have sexually transmitted diseases. And and there they were raising their children, again, bonding with their children, like hormonally, because that's the natural way of women to lose their identity. So here's men having control over a woman's identity and and make in reinforcing this false identity on projecting it onto her. So eventually the woman decides okay I got there was such a cult called AA. And the women would go to Al Anon and my my mother went to Al Anon quite a bit. And again because of the trauma bond she had with my late father. A lot of these things that I talk about, I've talked about because I I took care of my aging mother and also I helped quite a bit with with her helping her when she was being trained as a counselor. And again the influence of my grandparents as well and and my aunties and uncles and just people in my community. So Marina Crane (59:44.556) the notion of of why would women continue to stay in such relationships. So a lot of women, especially if they gone to A El Anon, they realized as women who were s who were attending these meetings had a lot of similarities in trauma bonding. And so they started their own support group, which was called Limerenance, the 12 steps of limerence, and and how to we'll say deprogue themsel deprogram themselves from this trauma bond that That it was they re- discovered that it was because of the trauma they had lived in childhood as girls. And understanding too that their their husbands also had been trauma bond. So understand this when you have indigenous people who've been trauma bonded in Indian residential schools, in industrial schools, by by the greater society, that they're they're going to trauma bond when when they're maturing and becoming sexually aware and active. And a lot of times the trauma bond hasn't will never be broken. So you have like I said, I you have when I talk about B one and B two, like the the trauma bond and the lack of of breaking the trauma bond wasn't there for them. So the majority of times when they bonded with women consensual and they had all these children, that that's part of that whole scenario of of limerence and and accountability. Whereas there's the other part with W and R who d who also were trauma bond but but somehow that c need to control was was more powerful than because the women like some of it was consensual but the majority of it turned into non consensual. This this play of power dynamics of having p being in a position of power where they can take away a wom a a person's freedom. Like in terms of fascism. So again Marina Crane (01:01:50.412) the whole relationship between men and their fathers. But at the same time too when we're talking about this awareness of the c capacity of of what it is that a woman has to do to to understand like how how they can deprogram themselves and learn to heal and process and find to to to have their central nervous system balanced. Especially it's a lot harder for women because again the trauma bond can also be bonded when they start having children and and their identity again is being is being captivated from rather than them being assertive to who they are or who they they believe they are. Well yeah and they're right. So I mean I just find it so interesting in in in that sense. So let's see here. Sex is how a lot of people So that lady, her name her handle is vulnerable gangster the the last one that we have. Texas How to Life. no I'm trying to go through this. Let's stop pretending this is complicated. Donald Trump didn't rise because he's brilliant. He rose because he's rich, reckless, and protected by a system that rewards whiteness even when it fails. What Trump did was give mediocrity a microphone. He showed America that you do not need intellect, you don't need integrity or competence to gain power. If you got the money, you got the entitlement. He became living proof that average man with no depth can fail upward indefinitely. And mediocre men love him for it. Because Trump represents their fantasy. The fantasy that success should be automatic, that power should be inherited, that dominance should be guaranteed, not earned. When reality challenged that fantasy, when black people started thriving, women started leading, immigrants started building, and education started mattering, they didn't rise to compete. They panicked. Marina Crane (01:03:58.07) And Trump became their security blanket. So let's talk about the truth of who he is. He called countries with black people in his shithole countries while saying that he wanted more Europeans to immigrate. He spread racist lies about Haitians eating cats and dogs. He said the most vile and disgusting things about Rob Reiner's death. He called Democrats treasonous and suggested they be punished by death. Trump does this every single time he's pressed for the truth because liars panic when facts show up. This movement is not driven by greatness. It's obviously driven by failure. These are men who had a 400-year head start and blew it. Instead of doing the work, they chose resentment. Instead of building skills, they chose to blame. Instead of evolving, they chose a con artist who made failure feel righteous. Trump gives failed men comfort. He tells them that their mediocrity is not their fault. Black success feels like white failure because it exposes the truth. Black excellence shines a light on laziness. Black resilience highlights weakness, and black progress reveals who never developed real skill. And instead of competing, they complain. Instead of growing, they attack. Instead of admitting they fell short, they follow a man who made falling short patriotic. Donald Trump does not think he is like them. He is using them. He's exploiting their fear, their resentment, and their inability to keep up. And let's end with the truth America keeps away. Donald Trump's rise to power did not reveal greatness. It revealed the true intellect of this country. It exposed how intellectually bankrupt and racially sick America still is. That a nation would rather choose a loud, lying con artist convicted of multiple felonies, siphoning money from the economy, than accept a black man whose radical idea was health care for all. Donald Trump did not trick America. America chose him, and that choice told the world everything it needed to know about him. This country protects, who it fears, and who it is willing to sacrifice to preserve white comfort. Now drop a black fist in the comments and share this with someone who needs to hear this, Jim. And again, this is this is the whole point. I've I've grown up around white people my entire life. And every time, sort of that I percolate to the top, it's like you know. Marina Crane (01:06:20.978) not wanting to validate me. Or even if they try to validate me, they say, I'm sorry. On behalf of all white people, I'm sorry. Again, even that in itself doesn't need to happen because it history I've already been in that my whole life. That that you know the the reality of it, like the inability to put boundaries down. like my accomplishments and what I've been able to do and how I understand things i is based just on the hard work I've done. And and the hard work of a lot of indigenous women like around my age who've done so much hard work. Now again too there's a lot of other people who don't. And and that's why like when when this lady talks about Trump and how he rose to power, because of money. And and it's the same thing in politics here in Soutina. You know, when when people get voted into Chief in Council, it's like a mythology, it's like a it's like a fantasy. I've I've heard comments like, I want to get into Chief in Council, why? So on my gravestone it'll say, I was a former band counselor. I'm going if that is the ultimatum, if that is the the top of the echelon in in in the pyramid that you rise to to because That what? What does it give? It gives you some status. Why? Because you were voted in? Like it's not a popularity contest, but a lot of people based on money, based on narcissism and Machiavellian ways of just self-destruction, self-destructive behavior, just the the notion of greediness or shame or guilt or fear. I I've grown up here my whole life and And for me to have seen some families that were so poor, who are now millionaires. And it's not saying I'm jealous, it's the fact that these people who've risen to power hurt a lot of people. Have and the and it's proof in the pudding in terms of being named in lawsuits for millions of dollars, of how they took money from our very like the whole process of procurement for things. Not only that too, but Marina Crane (01:08:44.81) Even using money in positions of power to groom people who to work for them, not just with chief and counsel, but in their own private sector, in their own businesses, to the point now that they're even being charged with sexual assault. All this, all this plays out in a lifetime. And and before this person was arrested and had all these charges within my community, I had I had said, you know, the the forensic psychologist who Was his therapist had had said to tribal police that he had in private, okay, this wasn't a report. Because he had a chance to report him anonymously, which to me is why I'm no longer associated with this individual. When he when I heard him say that this person had a propensity for boys, and then within two years he's being charged with two historical assaults on men. And and not just that, like in the past month. all of a sudden he's listed in this this tie up with our recovery center that Daniel Smith supposedly has you know has no accountability for. and yet the year before this former leader had had a woman g go to a demonstration reading a letter that he ha was not associated with Daniel Smith and and yet look at the evidence that the Toronto Globe and Mail posted about this. whole scandalous issue. So yes. I I mean when I talk about these men B one and B two and R and and R and W, I I'm talking about about men's behavior towards women. And and the reality of it is like the B one and B two have always shown me respect. Whereas R and and W haven't. You like I could Like they they they hate the very ground I walk on. With with R when he'd see me in public he'd just you know come he all of a sudden he'd realize he was close to my proximity and he'd just stare the other way or walk the other way. And and W, I happened to had I had to go to his place and he just swore at me. Like d don't don't even like I I don't talk to them, I don't engage with them, and yet they have this hatred towards me. Marina Crane (01:11:12.662) Yet B one and B two, like they call me by my my childhood name Hopan, you know, like they they they they engage with me and and they show me respect. So so again because I'm I'm looking in terms of matriarchy and and the notion of consent and pair bonding. Understand the notion of pair bonding. We're not talking about trauma trauma bonding. Again, probably W and R have only known pair bonding. Whereas B one and B two have known about bonding. Which which is why I I think it's so important for me to to play these clips because it it they do mean something to me. And and I hope they do mean something to you as well. Conservative Christians need rape culture. It's not a bug. It's the only way their hierarchy survives. I realized this after listening to the podcast Campus Files, specifically their episode about Baylor's sexual assault crisis. In it they detail how Baylor University was a conservative Baptist institution and as such students were not allowed to drink or have premarital sex. The Baylor administration also discouraged students from reporting sexual assault. On top of that, football players in the Baylor program were protected from sexual assault claims. By their coach, Art Bryles. Baylor created a system where victims of sexual assault were ignored, while the perpetrators of that sexual assault were allowed to continue with impunity. Listen to the podcast, it's excellent. But this behavior is not unique to Baylor. It's common within conservative Christianity. See, conservative Christianity is built around a patriarchal hierarchy. The man is the head of the household, and the women in turn are supposed to submit to the men. What if women don't want to submit though? That's where the threat of sexual violence comes in. Conservative Christian men use rape culture to keep women underneath their heel. you think it's bad? That your husband doesn't treat you with love or respect, well, you need him to treat you well, or otherwise, he won't protect you from other men who would assault you. This is the promise of the patriarchal hierarchy. If you submit, you will be protected. Conservative men need rape culture because they know that no group would voluntarily submit to subjugation unless they were forced into it. Individuals might, but as a group, you cannot force people into subjugation without. Marina Crane (01:13:15.234) Coercion. Here's the catch. Men care more about the hierarchy than they do about women. This idea of protection is just window dressing. Fundamentally, the patriarchal hierarchy is more important than the women that they claim to love. This is why institutions like Baylor or the SBC or the Republican Party will continue to side with abusers over the people who have been abused. It's never been about love, it's always been about power and control. A system rooted in love would strike down abusers, not elect them. Jesus warns us about this in Matthew 19. In that time, men could divorce their wives for any reason, which would force them into destitution. Jesus says if a man marries a woman, he has to care for her for the rest of his life. No threatening her with destitution because he doesn't like the way that she cooks. That was one of the rulings of a rabbi at the time, that a man could divorce his wife even if she burnt his food. On top of all of this, Jesus says: if you don't want to care for your wife, Why don't you cut off your balls? I dare you to read Matthew 19 and see where I'm exaggerating. Jesus warned us about exploitative hierarchies like this. That's why. So again, I'm this person is called Pastor Paul D. Drees. And the reason I chose this, not because of religiosity, but because he was talking about Baylor football. And and for me, I lived in Utah with BYU football. Okay, and also when I went to Oklahoma State and I was networking with community health there and they and again the Sooners in Oklahoma. When I was talking to the fellow who worked for the for the University of Oklahoma He said these women, these the millionaires, wives, they would wine and dine quarterbacks and all these young, you know, studs in that were in the football, buying them brand new cars, just like they they bought them. They bought these players. Now it wasn't so evident in at BYU, but like with Baylor, when he's talking about like how sexual assault and just the whole notion of keeping it quiet, the reason I Marina Crane (01:15:13.168) I'm focusing on this because he was talking about like the p position position of power and control. And and again in indigenous communities when you have leadership who who suppress sexual assault And they protect the the serial rapists. They they protect the the the the people who prey on on the most vulnerable, women and children. This this why when I talk about cults, i it it's a form of it's cultish in the sense that because the victims, the vulnerable ones, have never had justice or their voice sp haven't had the ability to to talk freely about being a sexual assault victim because the powers that be in terms of a leadership have tried for decades to to have control over over these and and I use this as an example like I said with Nathan Chasing Horse twenty years ago The the fifteen fourteen, fifteen year olds like the two that were fourteen turned fifteen, the one the one right off the bat chose to try and charge Nathan Chasing Horse. Five years until 2015, she had she had advocated and struggled to get her voice known and done. And yet no compensation for her being a victim because again it didn't go to trial and it never will because he's serving life sentence in Nevada. But the reality of it is like the whole community knows she was a victim. The whole country of Canada knows she's a victim. So again, why isn't leadership compensating Marina Crane (01:16:59.288) This young woman for the advocacy did for herself. Whereas the other victims of Nathan Choice chasing horse freely joined his cult, took part in whatever abuse he gave them because of trauma bonds, and no fault of their own. They were children when he took them. Again, as even as they grew up and still were associated with him, andor as they left. the the the chief and council were still paying for their their livelihood, their rent, their travel, all that. But yet because they were they were members of Nathan's cult. That's why for me when I say it's the powers that be that show how much control or power they have over the membership, over the most vulnerable, the women and children within my community. So yes, my podcast does do a lot of nitpicking or nut or uncovering or explanation of of why it's important for for people to to celebrate things that young women have accomplished. And and for me, just the fact that that women left at Nathan Chasing Horse's cult is something to be celebrated, as well as this young woman who advocated and was wasn't even a part of Nathan's cult. She sh again, the same thing with my niece who passed away. There there were young girls who who knew I mean some it took my niece a while before she s realized, you know, what what was happening to her or what happened to her. So it it all ties into everyday living because like I said, it this is something out there that all pe all women go through. and I'm not saying that that you know it's it's a natural thing. When you're in the right state of mind for it because this one is a doozy, I highly recommend reading this article and I'm gonna go through some of the highlights of it. The men who want women to be quiet. The article dives into masculinism Marina Crane (01:19:12.194) Which is apparently the misogynistic answer to feminism. The author writes, Masculinism has been a great gift because factions with different views on, say, protectionism or Israel or big tech can all agree on the overreach of feminism and the need for a return to traditional gender roles. Far from being a fringe belief system, masculinism has become the single most important force uniting the American right, bringing together an unlikely constellation of pastors, posters, senators. Preachers, influencers, podcasters, and fanboys. So that that's one of the reasons too why I'm doing my podcast is because for everything that I do or say, there there there is somebody out there who's doing the Sex is how a lot of people get trauma bonded. Because sorry I'm I'm sorry to interrupt like that, but no, there there is a reason why it's important. Conservative Christians need rape let's talk so I don't want to repeat or anything. Conservative Christians need and I normally I I have these marked and labeled, but We'll see what happens here. Did you know that Canada has a piece of legislation that decides who is or isn't an Indian? Welcome back to my series, The Indian Act, What Canada is not teaching you. In my last two videos, we talked about the history of the Indian Act and ban council systems, and now it is time to talk about status cards and what they mean. So what you are looking at here is my status card, and what this plastic card means is that there is an extra layer of Canadian law or legislation that decides who I am. And some people confuse this with section 35 rights, but we will talk about that later. So after amendments happened to the Indian Act, back in the 1950s, the federal government created something called the Indian Register. And this is the federal government's master list of who they have registered as status Indians in the country. So although that list began, physical status cards actually came into effect in the 1980s and they originally started with a piece of laminated paper and then they moved over to plastic in the last decade or so. Marina Crane (01:21:12.95) And how this connects back to the Indian Act is that the Indian Act decides who is entitled to be registered. It established the creation of the Indian Register and also establishes federal authority over our identity. So you will hear the term indigenous pretty broadly when describing First Nations, Metis, and Inuit people. However, under the Indian Act, only status First Nations people are considered Indian. It does not include Metis or Inuit people. And over the years, there has been amendments done to the Indian Act because it used to be pretty discriminatory in nature, meaning First Nations women that married non-First Nations men would lose their status, things like that. And one of the misconceptions about the Indian Act is that people believe that our identity is directly tied to the Indian Register or to the Act. But our identity does not come from the Canadian government deciding who does or doesn't belong. It comes to our connection, our communities, all of those things, our culture. And even in 2026, there's currently bills going through Parliament and the Senate that have to do with our identity and longstanding discrimination that has affected our identity because of the Indian Act. Another misconception is that you cannot be statused without belonging to a band. You actually can be statised and recognized by the federal government without having been registered to a First Nations band. And status is lost through things like the second generation cutoff, and if you continue to procreate with non-Indigenous people, eventually. Your kids and your grandkids will no longer hold status under the Indian Act. And if the federal government identified you as a status Indian back in the day, there were some pretty heavy restrictions that came with that, including things like not being allowed to leave the reservation without permission, you were not allowed to hire a lawyer, ceremonies were bad. And lastly, some parts of the act actually differ depending on whether or not you reside on or off reserve. Yeah, that's my little update. My next video will talk about some of those provisions, like nice. And that's Jennifer L. Now I g why did I put that in there is because yes, the discriminatory act towards women who married non status and just the fact too, like she she said under the Indian Act, like Metis and Inuit were not considered status. You y you have to understand too, there were nine Sioux tribes that were part of that. The nine Sioux there were I think eight Dakota and one Lakota tribe in Canada. Marina Crane (01:23:30.2) who were not considered under the Indian Act until two years ago, along with the Metine Inuit. So again, a lot of this when we talk about culture and identity, and when we talk about like say especially identity when it comes to women, like we're we're the we're the most vulnerable when it comes to our identity. Like I said, genetically, every woman, I static like Indian, black, white, yellow, green, whatever. You want to say in terms of women. Every woman who chooses to have a child, when they because of their hormones and creating life, their whole identity is is tied up with that child at birth. So so being vulnerable when you're a woman who chooses to have children, dictated by environment, social constructs, without without the guidance of other women. to help to help you when you've bonded with with your mate. When that's taken away and you're and you have and and say initially you've bonded, you've done a trauma bond rather than a bond, then then it's more devastating. It it affects your very mental health. And and so that's why there's a crisis. That's why like the ownership or the control of power over women was already dictated by a colonial construct, then adopted and taught by the Indian agent to indigenous men, and some women freel freely participate to this day, this whole colonial construct of like who who is who has identity. And and again, the the notion too is that a lot of communities, a lot of Inuit Metis First Nations, don't have the funds to to ha actively do a good membership role, like to be voted in. I believe Sutana does, but but again too, it's the construct of applying. So you can belong to the general role in Ottawa. And this is what this young woman was saying. There are two bills that are being passed. Marina Crane (01:25:47.392) past, one is going to allow people who because of the fee attachment to or the the higher the legacy of being the grand like being the descendant of a female who lost her status, eventually now they're gonna be grandfathered in, but they'll be on the general list in Ottawa. Their choice to apply to Metis or Inuit or First Nations is up to them and how the each community welcomes them in. And again, that's where the controversy comes in on Metis, because the equivalent of Métis for my American audience is the same as people identifying as Cherokee in the United States. Cherokee, though, they're the most documented. in terms of legacy in people proving if they actually have Cherokee bloodline. Whereas in Canada the we're yes, we do have that, but it's not as sophisticated as the Cherokee enrollment, which again I think a lot of the controversy with Inuit and First Nations, and especially a lot of the the people who are I d who are getting back on the general list You know, that there is going to th they're they are the ones who are going to validate exactly, you know, and stop that notion of pretendianism of who and why they want to be claimed to be indigenous. Okay, so again, like I'm saying, power and control. Having having the ability to to dictate to women whether or not they belong or don't. And and again even in the Indian Act too in twenty twenty six, like I keep on saying, they're going to change the act so indigenous like first indigenous people will have sovereignty over their own child and family. It it it's I mean some people may think, that's that's nothing wrong. you people just pull yourselves up from your bootstraps. What's the matter with you? The playing field has been leveled. Well we're gonna see if in fact it's been leveled. Marina Crane (01:27:58.134) Or is that conjecture? This is a clip from a lecture given by Dr. Joy DeGrew about post-traumatic slave disorder. Dr. DeGrew is an author, educator, and researcher who examines how slavery and generations of racial oppression continue to shape society. In this clip, she discusses a lynching photograph and focuses on the white children calmly witnessing the violence. She argues that atrocities of slavery didn't only affect black people, it also conditioned others to accept the cruelty without empathy. Her message challenges. The idea that the past doesn't matter and explains why its effects can't simply be dismissed by saying move on. Now I want you to look at this photo very closely and I want you to see who's in it. More important than the man hanging. Because you gotta understand the lynchings that occurred in America happened after slavery, not during. Thousands of lynchings happened after slavery. Because this is a reaction to white fear of what we would do once free. But we didn't create a vigilante group to take out white people. But they did create a vigilante group to take us out now that we're free. See, that happened after slavery. They were called the what? The Ku Klux Klan. They don't wear hoods anymore, they wear suits. But they're alive and well all over the world. Even here. So Look at who's in the picture. I want you to look at this little girl in particular. You can't see her closely, but she's actually grimacing, like smirking. Now, remember, let's go back to the puppy concept here. She would be loathed and torn up probably if this was a puppy. Which means he's less than that. Because she's not disturbed. This little girl is not is not disturbed by this, but she should be, shouldn't she? Marina Crane (01:29:46.028) People always ask me, they go, Joy, what was the impact on white people? There it is. Right there. Can't feel any empathy for him. Non-zero zip. There's a little one back here, even smaller. Because whatever she's been taught or told socialized to believe makes him no longer human. That's the greatest danger to white people. Is that they can't feel it. And there's a reason why white people can't feel what we're talking about. My God, what would you then feel? It's tough. So I've got to believe. it's all over now, it's not my fault, I don't benefit, it's not a big deal, let's move on, it's not all of those things. But we don't say that to Jewish people. I dare you. But you have to understand when you unearthed this one, that's what we did to our children. Well you people just pull yourselves up from your bootstrap. See, I want to end with that because when we talk about white supremacy and we talk about systemic racism That that's the analogy she gave with the little girl grimacing as she's seeing a black person hung. And and again too, even with empathy that she would have more empathy towards a puppy than she would towards a black person. And and again, I I want you to understand this. I'm a Canadian indigenous person. I've lived in the United States. the the reality of here's a here's a reality. W when I talk about indigenous Inuit or Metis indigenous people, we're talking about Canadians. Marina Crane (01:31:34.294) When an indigenous person, a Native American from the United States, tries to come into Canada, like we as Canadian Indigenous people can go into the United States under the Jay Treaty. The Jay Treaty was the first treaty signed as a country, the United States, that was her their first treaty called J Treaty, which they recognize the indigenous people of Canada as as being indigenous to the Americas. So so we can cross into the United States. as as like dual citizens. Now American Native American Indians cannot do the same coming into Canada. So when so when Canadian people or the the far right or the separatists you know when they're when they're thinking about like systemic racism, when a Native American has tried to come into Canada to live, they find it so harsh. They find it so difficult to live with a s with systemic racism. And this is how they the the analogy of how they perceive indigenous people in Canada. They say, you know, you you when the when the king says jump, you say, Your Majesty, how high do you want me to jump? And you jump. See, that's the mentality they feel when they come into Canada. Systemic racism. I mean, mind you, they have racism in the United States. But but because ten percent of the American population is black The majority of black people, like I said, this narrative of of how the white people show no empathy, they were taught to see black people a certain way. And this is how Canadian society has seen indigenous people. And I say this to my Native American friends in the United States who are listening. When you come into Canada or even want to visit, and a lot of Native Americans don't, a lot of them can't even live here for like a year. Marina Crane (01:33:35.904) Some do successfully, but they're mostly academic. But the majority of them, when they come into Canada and they're being treated like they like how black people are treated in the United States, they can't handle it. They cannot handle the systemic racism that indigenous people in Canada face every day. So, yes, when this this lady, the man who posted this is Warrior DW2. when when he says, you know, what what happens when you take away when you take away that that systemic racism? How how like when you're when you're f when you have to feel 'cause see the the thing is when you have no empathy that means you're not feeling. And and so who w who would you f who would you be when you when you're actually able to feel? And that's why when I talk about cults and I talk about d breaking away from the cult or stop drinking the Kool Aid, then then you have to have a lot of self reflection and it's very heartbreaking. to to self-reflect on on on why how you what things you were taught, what why you cannot feel. Like it's it's not a question, like it's so embedded that you say, well I can't feel. I can't feel what's happening. And and it's and it's handed down like like this past week. There was a an an accident where two secure two corrections officers were transporting a young indigenous woman. She was twenty-four, Kara Masua, Masouza, I think, Masua. And and she had children, but when the accident happened, they focused nationwide on the two correction officers being killed. Didn't even mention this indigenous 24-year-old. Marina Crane (01:35:24.328) And and again, this you know, some people again they don't wanna feel, they don't wanna have empathy for this woman and and the children she left behind. So the c the criti the critique here is like why you know, why wasn't she protected? How come she wasn't even named? Like there there needs to be something set up for her her children. That was part of the comment. But for me it's like, no, somebody needs to sue the government because they she was under their protection. See in the in the in in the penal system in Canada, which is different than the United States, and I d and I'm pretty sure it's for both men and women, that when men in in prison get sexually assaulted, they can sue the guards for not protecting them. That's a law. Okay, so again, these these correction officers can get sued for not protecting an inmate if they've been sexually assaulted. So again, what is it that yes, they lost their lives, but it's the responsibility of the people that were supposed to be taking care of this inmate, this woman, Kira Mulus Musawa Musowa. See? That's that's they can fight it in legal courts. But again, because the lack of empathy, the news media. I I know one of my my childhood friends says she says I have no no faith in APTN and this is an indigenous organization. She says, you know it's always focused on Manitoba or Saskatchewan, never Alberta. This this happened in Alberta. And again, too, here's Alberta, you know, like in terms of separatism, in terms of all those yo those separatists, those white supremacists who were doing what, combat duty or whatever, again, just south of here, and again all these blue flags that are hanging around and flying in southern Alberta, yes, it's cause for concern. It it has to. Because because again, it has to do with the lack of empathy. Marina Crane (01:37:30.306) The lack of empathy. When Daniel Smith says to the Chiefs of Alberta to check themselves and and to warn them that if they put out any blockades or do anything, that like what? Sh there the RCP are gonna come in, arrest the Chiefs of Alberta? Like it's cause for concern because of the lack of empathy or the understanding of what systemic racism is all about. Especially when when the it's so programmed or so will say so promiscuous of of how the narrative suits systemic racism or white privilege because of the lack of understanding of how things have is historically set in play. Especially when again I go back to slavery, especially when indigenous people, because white society did not get it, they're biologically were Killing us off because of the diseases they brought into the Americas. Not only that, but their whole irrational thinking of breeding black people to serve them. And then and then when that, when there was so much protests with Martin Luther King, everything happening in in terms of empowerment and and and talking about history. and and the tragedies and the genocide of black women and women of color in the Americas and how today it still persists with indigenous women in Canada. And the reality of it is like as a woman I'm talking about this because I have nieces and nephews. I have I have people who who need to understand that that when when when people are raised to to not feel they feel more for the correction officers than they did for this twenty-four indigenous woman. When they're conditioned not to have empathy, they're taught this. Marina Crane (01:39:42.644) It when I do my podcasts and I try to teach about the reasoning why when oil was discovered they had to start industrial schools and they and they recruited a lot of mixed blood indigenous boys. Again, their whole premise is that we were savages and incapable of being slaves. So they had to try and teach us how to be good housekeepers, good farmers, good farmhands. good ranching hands. They they just like with black people, they never really cons even considered that we would get educated, that we would become doctors, lawyers, leaders. You know, it it just just the whole notion that that all of a sudden their their fragility, their their lack of understanding of human behavior, or even the gumption to even understand that that like hello We we our d our lives do matter. We we do have people who don't forget us. All all the women that I buried, all the women that I dressed in in their funeral gowns, all all the the wakes and organizations and I'm not saying like I I did this like in in the sense of like like you know, I'm only saying this because I know those people, those those women, their lives meant something to me. And and they just didn't live their lives like like the way because you know, because of how people think they lived, and because they were taught that way, or they they grimaced and, you know, looked looked at the l the them as if they were lower than a snake's belly, that that their lives didn't matter. When when I'm going, why? Even even if I make a comment and it offends you as a white woman, why does it offend you? It's one thing to apologize for all the clonial constructs, but the proof is in the pudding. And and for me, like I said, I can have conflict with my siblings, with my people in my community, with acquaintances, but the proof is in the pudding. Marina Crane (01:42:10.465) And that comes from years and different times when my identity has evolved, breaking away from different cults, different ways of thinking, evolving, in empowering my identity, and and and again growing from that. And that is the lesson. And that's why I think it's harder for for people who who lack empathy, why they cannot feel. They're so scared because what would they be without without that identity? See, when I talk about my my parents and my grandparents, and I talk about trauma intergenerational trauma and I talk about Nietzsche Institute and I talk about how all these indigenous people who passed away now used use their way of thinking in terms of their identity and healing. Because that took a lot of hard work, a lot of forgiveness, a lot of evolution in terms of identity for thousands of indigenous people within our communities. That that and pe and that's why I don't like to use or hear the word resilience, because it's just a poo-poo word. It's a poo poo word because systemic racism uses that word. They don't have the courage to actually start feeling. Like it it's it's brutal. It's brutal to feel. Like I said, I buried a lot of my relatives female. And and and again within our communities we see a lot of death. And it's how we process it and how we share and how we bond with each other. That's why this whole notion of religiosity And the need to control and govern women's bodies and women's rights. It it's being felt and it's a crisis, not just with women of color, but more so with with white women. And and it's more critical because I think it's really attacking their mental health. That that's just my opinion. That's just my opinion. And and I and that's why I think it's important. Marina Crane (01:44:29.486) for for people to to understand. If if Daniel Smith says to check yourself, Maybe it's it's a reflection of what she really needs to really needs to do for herself. It's a really you know, that she needs to really check herself. De de program herself. Break away from the way she the w you know, her lack of feeling, her lack of empathy. That's just my opinion. Again, I just hope it would rain. Uh-huh. And I and I thank you for listening to me. I hope what I've shared ha has some meaning and foundation for you. It's just it's sometimes it it's just not fair, but again, you know, people are depending people depend on other people. And if I could help in any way Help people guide and understand. Sometimes the way we think or the lack of forgiveness or understanding, or even realizing that that yes, our life changes. We're never the same. That's what life is all about. So be be kind to yourself, love yourself. trauma bonding and bonding are two different things. And like I gave an example of of men, I call them B one and B two and R and W. Marina Crane (01:46:11.637) It's it's important. It's important to to understand like the choices that we can make and and that there is there is the possibility of romantic relationships. It takes a lot of hard work, it takes a lot of self reflection and it takes a lot of trust. And like I said, I'm I'm an elder. Takes takes decades. It's not something not something that can just happen in one therapy session or being with a therapist for a year. It all depends. It all depends on on your capacity. Well with that, I'll say I'll let you go. again I in Dakota, Wopida Midakyopiyowasana. That means we're all related. Thank you, we're all related. Marina Crane (01:47:16.542) And and again, thanks Darcy and Marie for listening. And if anybody else there is listening and want to add add your name to the list of how I greet people, you're welcome.

No comments: