This was my experience in confronting Nathan Chasing Horse in 2007. He had no compassion for his victims. His propensity for girls started being more openly displayed by the summer of 2007. Documentaries, Articles, Indigenous Podcasts, My Podcast is under construction. Archival documenting yearly posts posted with transcripts will be published here. I’ll also link my YouTube videos associated with each podcast published. I also created a link to my GOFUNDME account. I may link my TikTok account
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(6)
- ► April 3 - April 10 (1)
-
►
2018
(13)
- ► May 13 - May 20 (1)
-
►
2020
(5)
- ► June 28 - July 5 (1)
- ► July 5 - July 12 (1)
-
►
2023
(58)
- ► April 16 - April 23 (1)
- ► June 4 - June 11 (1)
- ► June 11 - June 18 (2)
- ► June 18 - June 25 (3)
- ► June 25 - July 2 (2)
- ► July 2 - July 9 (2)
- ► July 9 - July 16 (2)
- ► July 16 - July 23 (4)
- ► July 23 - July 30 (5)
- ► July 30 - August 6 (4)
-
►
2024
(20)
- ► March 3 - March 10 (1)
- ► April 28 - May 5 (1)
- ► May 5 - May 12 (1)
- ► May 12 - May 19 (1)
- ► May 19 - May 26 (1)
- ► June 2 - June 9 (1)
- ► July 28 - August 4 (1)
-
►
2025
(22)
- ► March 9 - March 16 (2)
- ► March 23 - March 30 (2)
- ► March 30 - April 6 (1)
- ► April 6 - April 13 (1)
- ► April 13 - April 20 (1)
- ► April 27 - May 4 (1)
- ► June 1 - June 8 (1)
- ► June 29 - July 6 (1)
- ► July 13 - July 20 (1)
-
▼
2026
(32)
- ► March 15 - March 22 (1)
- ► March 22 - March 29 (2)
- ► May 17 - May 24 (3)
- ► May 24 - May 31 (1)
- ► June 14 - June 21 (1)
- ► June 21 - June 28 (3)
- ► June 28 - July 5 (4)
- ► July 5 - July 12 (2)
- ► July 12 - July 19 (6)
- ► July 19 - July 26 (6)
Friday, 31 July 2026
We all chose to be here. My mission is to be here!
Marina Crane (00:01.462)
Hello, good evening. I know it's quite late. It's the last day in July. And let me tell you, if you still hear my voice, it's because there's still smoke in the air. And it was like 31 degrees Celsius, which is like what? Almost 90. I know people going, Well no, I'm living in a place where it's 110. I'm going, keep it. I am not a hot weather girl. So I'm going to do
two video recordings of indigenous people and I think it has a lot to do and and a good, you know, observation of what things are what hap what's happening within Alberta or just in the world in general when it comes to systemic racism and white supremacy and especially things that happen in the States compound our experience in Canada.
Why is that so important? Again, because you know, the Native Americans, United States, made treaty with the US government in how their constitution was set up. Whereas indigenous people, Metis and Inuit, like when I and First Nations, those treaties were set up with the Crown, okay, which is not like the Prime Minister or Premier's ca you know, it's it's not the same.
So before I go on in terms of these two TikToks
I want to thank all my listeners, especially the ones who've been visiting my blog. my goodness, skyrocketing to I've never had that many people tune in to what I've had to say. thank you. And I hope Terry and Marie are listening. Hello. Anyway, I know there are probably more people, but I really appreciate the attention because it's noteworthy. This is something historical that's happening as well as the insight into to complacency.
Marina Crane (02:01.974)
Now I am a senior and I go gambling once a month when I get my pension. And and I usually meet a lot of other women pensioners. So I'm going to relay what I experienced like la last night. I met this lady, she came to me and we were sitting next to each other and she says, I I live in a nursing home. So we sat there playing throughout the evening, and then she disclosed me
We were talking I don't know how we of course we get on to the we get a we get we go into healthy human sexuality and then she says, I've never known any other man she says, I I'm really naive when it comes to human s like male sexuality.
And and so I I basically had to school her in certain parts of male anatomy and female anatomy. And and then she gives me this ugly face and she says, The the old men in the nursing home are horny. Like she just can't like it's just like she's there to escape these these these horny old men in nursing homes. And, you know, I I can't like I'm I have my own home. I I
I don't know what it's like to live with strangers in a in a little communal institution where the men are you know, think that they have some right over women's bodies. Again, you know, as we age and the attitude we have about human sexuality
lingers right into when you become an elder. So that's why I talk about healthy human sexuality and and how important it is to to talk about it, especially as y as we're aging and the things that we need to heal with, or from
Marina Crane (03:46.868)
The other lady that I mentioned I met, she's rents in the city because her granddaughter i has disabilities and she was commenting on how much she gets as a pensioner, as well as like the foster care system, 'cause she comes from Sixaca, which is like an hour east of here. And so we made a conversation about how many foster children were from within Sixica that are in foster care and that the average age for children that are being trafficked is fourteen. Then I made a comment
too like you know even like there's a bill being passed S sixty one or sixty two or just s two I can't remember what it is but it's going through to change a section of the Indian Act. Now for all those who are n who are unfamiliar with the Indian Act, it's law. It's per it prov it has prevented all these
hundreds of years, well since it's its inception in the late eighteen hundreds, we had to obey them. And we still do. Okay, so so there's a law that's gonna change to get so that First Nations, Inuit and Metis will have sovereignty over their children. This is in the year twenty twenty six, people. Let that sink in. You know, when you have all these separatists saying, the society's so unjust, give you know, get off the cross. We need the wood to build a sweat so we can heal ourselves.
That's a joke. and the lady she says, My husband and I dress up as Santa Claus for Christmas and and we go and visit the communities that bring all the foster kids together. And she said, I wish our leadership would come to these these gatherings of our foster children. She says, It's so sad.
You know, because they're they're not ho in their home community. It's like Indian residential school. They're not in their home community. They're they're being raised by mostly immigrants who don't understand the history of genocide, or people who are just systemically racist. So so the children are sad. Now now for me bear with me, okay? I'm like I said, I'm a senior, I'm an elder. I've I've lived my life. And
Marina Crane (06:00.62)
You know, I was talking to a friend of mine since I've known since childhood. I was talking about like again, healthy human sexuality and how men sort of focus on indigenous females as something erotic and you know, some something to like, you know, create a fantasy about.
but at the same time too there's also this dichotomy or diversity or or we'll call it paradox or juxtaposition. I don't know, but I'm trying to give a metaphor here of of how and why indigenous women are attracted to certain types of white men as well, or certain types of men. It's because our indigenous men have been raised to be really tough.
And so, you know, we're not afraid of the exterior of, you know, men who appear to be really tough looking men. Usually in my case how I found out was w when I met a draft dodger from Vietnam, US a US s deserter from California.
Years and decades ago. But but but I've noticed that in terms of how comfortable a r I am around certain types of men who I think a lot of women would be really scared of. I I mean I'm just saying I'm just saying no, you have a reason to be a s afraid of some men, 'cause some men are really bad.
But at the same time too, not all men are horny old men too. So so that's the reason why like when I talk about the dance of intimacy between male and female and putting boundaries down is is vital because I don't think sometimes like in in terms of this one lady who's living in a nursing home, I don't think like like she has community. like say for me as an indigenous woman, I have community.
Marina Crane (07:49.602)
Whereas, you know, I think a lot a lot of times
Like I said, when you've grown when you've lived with within a society where the patriarch thinks that women should serve them and then and then what happens when the you know, the male partner passes away, the female is looking for somebody to, you know, like give them you know, like to take care of to mother or whatever role they took in terms of patriarchy. And and the fact is like when your estrogen and all this change has happened, you you you are no longer complacent and you you know, you want to be
heard and seen. like again, unless you have the support system in place, you know, it's important. It's also important to just get out and howl at the moon once in a while, which for me like I do that once a month. But that being the case too, there are some senior women and men who just, you know, it's it's it's really difficult and
Anyway, in terms of mental health, that's just my mental health observation for for this podcast. Okay, now the two
records or the key the things that I wanna share with you on my podcast has to do with how like how people perceive indigenous people in in just in the sense of of like when people are talking, especially like when when I'm giving a talk about, you know, systemic racism or just people in my community. So the first one is of two two men talking about something that they posted in social media. And the second one is going to be of of a Lakota lawyer who was instrumental
Marina Crane (09:26.772)
In Standing Rock that happened about t in 2013, 2012. And and he's a lawyer, so he's going to give a parallel.
in terms of sovereignty and treaty rights, which which has a lot to do with what's happening in Alberta right now. So but the first one I'll I'll I'll play it and then I'll do the a little comment afterwards. But but again I had a a clip that went viral because I said, you know Italian us I had a a clip that went viral because I said, you know, we are not conquered, right? I'm not a conquered person and and what I was referring to was every time the indigenous people win something in
court some land or some treaty you read the comments and it's like you fuckers were conquered you guys just we slapped the shit out of you and took everything yeah and all I was saying was we're still here we've been conquered you weren't slapping around shit we were slapping you guys around just as bad so and the fucking comments went nuts I know the video went viral and it was so hurtful and hateful what they were saying and racism was still alive and then somebody said not modern day Canadians are like the
And I said, yes they are. Read the comments. That it that is absolutely laughable because like it's not only just online. It's like, man, I don't know how settler Canada can can live with themselves, you know, knowing that they they literally destroyed other people and their lives and their homes and their communities and still just go on about like it's nothing, you know? And
Not only that, it's like they can't
Marina Crane (11:06.892)
They cannot stand to see us feeling good or f just being healthy. And then all of a sudden this white guy's in there, Well, why don't you go drink another beer then? Why don't you have some more beer? Like we can't even just beat. And then, you know, I got my best friend's indigenous I hate that shit, man. I'm gonna flip the script and say
A lot of my best friends are are white people, you know, guys that I grew up with, Scottish and you know, just Finnish, whatever. And I always tell them my Finnish buddies like you're so colonized, you don't even know your own language, your own culture. But anyways, that's another story. I had a clip that went viral because I said, you know, we are not conquered, right? I'm not a conquered person, and and what I was referring to was every time the indigenous people win something in court, some land or some treaty, you read the comments.
And it's like you fuckers were conquered. You guys just we slapped the shit out of you and took everything. And all I was saying was, We're still here, we ain't been conquered. You weren't slapping around shit. We were slapping you guys around just as bad. So and the fucking comments went nuts. I know they the video went viral and it was so hurtful and hateful what they're saying and racism was so live. And then somebody said, Not modern c day Canadians are like this. And I said, Yes they are. Read the comments.
See and that's the whole point too of my podcast is young people have been experiencing this and they're talking about it on social media. But in my generation, like there was no social media. We had to basically hitchhike to different protests and get together as young people and walk down center center roads in some small racist town demanding that people take notice of there's no drinking water for the school.
Or or sit in and say like we you know, we n we're not getting your fiduciary obligation to the medicine chest for education or health isn't isn't you you're claiming it's empty when it shouldn't be because of our treaty rights. Now this next one is regarding treaty rights. What is being described? What was described by Senator Dibble is a declaration of war on American people, on American families. What is
Marina Crane (13:35.212)
What we are facing is insurrection.
And in a an attempted overthrow of constitutional order.
When we take a look back as American Indians, we committed ourselves to the United States of America. We signed treaties with the United See and so when he's saying i the Native American, he's a Sioux, Lakota. Now I'm using this as a parallel because this is the same thing indigenous people that's First Nations, Inuit and Metis have been saying. We've signed treaty with the king, the crown.
Not not a president, not a governor, not not a not the Prime Minister of Canada or a Premier of Alberta. It's the Crown Indigenous People are so even though he's talking about insurrection, it it is in the sense of what's happening with separation. And we swore to defend the United States of America. See, my father was a World War Two veteran. World War One like Indigenous people were
They didn't have to serve in the military, but what this lawyer is saying, like we swore to defend and that's like the highest amount of people who who enlist are indigenous people because we we're we're defending the defending the country like in the United States defending the country that they signed treaty with. Okay, so this treaty does mean something 'cause it's has to do with sovereignty. Okay. The United States of America.
Marina Crane (15:12.696)
Forever. So as an attorney, as a human being, as a father, as a husband, when I see the integrity and the sanctity of the United States Constitution being overrun outside the scope of the law. See, and this is what Daniel Smith is doing. When you have people, leadership seeing like going outside of the scope and what he's talking about.
Now it's a generalization, but it's it's a parallel exactly of what is happening when it comes to separatists or the way separatist people are thinking today. My opinion. Outside the scope of constitutional authority, I have to ask myself, what am I willing to give? What am I willing to give to make sure that our people
The good people of Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Minnesota and the United States and tribal nations. See, this is the whole point. Not just in Soutina, not just in Treaty 7, not just in Treaty Six and Eight. We're talking about all the treaties in Canada. What is it that we're going to give? What is it what is it that we're going to do? And and this this again too, I want to reiterate this.
When I say you have a pot to piss in that has to do with treaty. Everything like the first treaty that was signed by the United States was called the J Treaty, which declared them a country. Okay, and that allowed indigenous people, mm First Nations, Inuit and Metis, to cross the medicine line, the United States line, without, you know, like for i without immigration, without papers, because they acknowledge that that Canada
was a country, you know, British colony that ha that had Native Americans who were the first peoples within this continent. Okay, so I'll I'll continue with what this lawyer said. St. Paul and Minnesota and the United States and tribal nations, what are we willing to give to ensure that we have the right to speak freely? This is the gravity and the weight and the magnitude
Marina Crane (17:31.53)
Of a very live controversy, a constitutional crisis that is disturbing the peace of all Minnesotans. See in this constitution, what Daniel Smith is trying to do is just you know, it's disrupting all First Nations, Inuit and Metis communities. So it's not only just happening in Canada, it's happening in the United States, and every time it happens in the United States, I I tell you, they do not have
sovereignty. They do not have the third largest monarchy in the world, the oldest. They have a fresh new country that's what? Two hundred and fifty years old. Okay, so again, you know, what what is it what is it that, you know, that that we're trying to say is because it's treaty and because there are so many indigenous people in the world and because of all the genocide that's been happening
It it has to take precedent over you know what people are trying to say or do when it comes to taking away our very sovereignty. Right now, this is no small matter. And like the nineteenth generation keeper of the sacred white buffalo calf pipe, Worvo Looking Horse says, it is no accident that you were born into this time, that you chose to incarnate spiritually here in this realm.
In this plane, and my heart goes out to you because you have upon your shoulders and you have the commitment of tribal nations who've already banned ICE from tribal lands and have said in a lawful manner that we will not contend with the illegalities and the criminal seizure.
Of constitutional order. Everything that they're accusing the good people of Minnesota for violating is being done by those that we trust to uphold law and order. But what is being described, what was described by Senator Dibble is a declaration of war on American people, on American families. What is what we are facing.
Marina Crane (19:57.556)
Is in insurrection.
And in an attempted overthrow of constitutional order. When we take a look back as American Indians, we committed ourselves to the United States of America. We signed treaties with the United States of America. And we swore to defend the United States of America forever.
So as an attorney, as a human being, as a father, as a husband, when I see the integrity and the sanctity of the United States Constitution being overrun outside the scope of the law, outside the scope of constitutional authority, I have to ask myself, what am I willing to give? What am I willing to give to make sure that our people
The good people of Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Minnesota, and the United States and tribal nations. What are we willing to give to ensure that we have the right to speak freely? This is the gravity and the weight and the magnitude of a very live controversy, a constitutional crisis that is disturbing the peace of all Minnesotans right now.
This is no small matter. And like the 19th generation keeper of the sacred white buffalo calf pipe, Orville Looking Horse says, it is no accident that you were born into this time, that you chose to incarnate spiritually here in this realm, in this plane. And my heart goes out to you because you have upon your shoulders.
Marina Crane (21:55.03)
And you have the commitment of tribal nations who've already banned ICE from tribal lands and have said in a lawful manner that we will not contend with the illegalities and the criminal seizure of constitutional order. Everything that they're accusing the good people of Minnesota for violating is being done.
By those that we trust to uphold law and order. But what is being described? What was described by Senator So like I I want you to understand too that when it comes to sovereignty and even when
say different provinces or states for that matter want to extract oil or put a pipeline through without having it indigenous people involved i is goes against the treaty right. Okay, so they had this huge ten thousand people from around the world camped in in Standing Rock in the Dakotas. because again
they had wounded knee when I was a young woman. the s the standoff in Alcatraz, the American Indian movement when the f FBI and the agencies chased chased the activists into Canada and and how we opened our doors to our brothers and sisters across the medicine line. So so when we're talking about a crisis here, I don't think Daniel Smith, this lawyer Roth
or or Sam Mareshi and all the cohorts, all the cohorts who are part of this spider web that this spider woman has we webbed throughout the const w throughout throughout the government of Alberta, changing the very foundation of of a fiduciary obligation at the federal level that indigenous people in Canada have been governed by.
Marina Crane (24:05.172)
I I use the example of Nietzsche Institute. My mother went to residential school when she was five. Yes, all the problems that she had. You know, we talk about hypersexuality, we talk about delimerence, we're talking about all these disorders, everything. We talk about this recovery center where you know, people think, you know, in Sudan, yeah, my my son's gonna go there. And I'm going, Are you kidding me?
There are eleven centers that are gonna be in c in Canada, our Alberta, to privatize our health. Eleven centers, three are on for indigenous communities. I said and those eleven are supposed to look after two thousand Albertans? I said, Where in your mind do you think First Nations are gonna go? I said, when we have a population of ten million in Alberta. I said the fiduciary obligation was really difficult to even
get and use federal money to develop and design mental health structures through Nietzsche Institute. My mother was one of the first that was trained in the community. There was a high a high dropout rate. Again, because the obligation was at a federal level and the paper trail my mother had to do in reporting, in budgeting. You know, in the province you don't you don't do that.
But because it's a federal flu fiduciary obligation, my mother got trained and she did it. And the fact that they were doing this to help all First Nations in Alberta and even other people who came to Nietzsche Institute. Do you know too that Nietzsche before being shut down by Sam Mareshi and Daniel Smith at the pandemic, that that they had curriculum for for children who were aging out of the foster care system?
You know, we when we talk about children's rights and you everybody go, murdered and missing. You know, and they go, well they just don't know how to take care of their children. No, we we we've been here thousands, twenty, ten, you know, I don't even know if people who actually are have come into Canada you know, like United States is two hundred and fifty years old, I think Canada is a hundred and something. Like that's I'm seventy four.
Marina Crane (26:20.032)
That that means like, you know, people who came into Canada when Canada was a country could have been like seventy-four years old when I was born. That's how young it is. And you have the audacity to think that the indigenous people didn't know how to live, and you took away all our rights under the law structured under the a name called the Indian Act. You know, a lot of young people are using so much to educate other Indigenous people and non-Indigenous people.
But Nietzsche Institute tried to do this with indigenous people, elders, p their peers, to educate on on mental health. Because we had to have a spiritual component with it. So when this lawyer Arn Chase Chase Arnise or think it's sorry. what is being described? Chase Arnise, yes.
When he when he is talking about like we we came here at this time, at this level, for a reason. We incarnated at this time, at this place, at this level, for a purpose. Now we have to like that's why I advocate in terms of just just the common bonds as human beings we have.
And how a lot of times the misunderstanding of what matriarchy and patriarchy is, as well in terms of what mental health is. So that, you know, when you're growing old and you y all of a sudden you cannot function and you have to have be put in a nursing home, that that, you know, you're not running around yelling on the top of your voice, I need sex. And the only thing that'll cure you is that your sons bring in laptops so you can watch porn.
If that works in terms of your mental stability when you're a senior, hey, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna argue the point, it works. Helps a person understand healthy their own healthy sex sexuality. You know, but it's important to talk. And I I enjoy talking to women because there's so much as women by the time they become older have have so
Marina Crane (28:40.8)
I laugh because I know it's a nervous laugh because what can you do? People chose to live a certain way and and because of that they they didn't have the capacity or didn't have the intuition or the the know with all or wherewithal to learn about their their bodies. like sometimes the conversation I have is like do you know where the G spot is in the man or do you know where the G spot is in the woman?
You know, and the just the whole notion of how disgusted they are to be around other people who, you know, are so used to like usually how do I put it, usually this type of lifestyle is in in somebody's home, you know, the privacy of their home, their bedroom. But when you get older and you have to live in the communal living and you haven't your entire life, then there there is a problem.
And and for me, what I say when I say about indigenous people, especially when you've lived in community, you've lived in communal life your whole life.
you've lived collectively and holistically. And so a lot of times when well, I shouldn't say a lot of times, I I do believe the more we practice and the more we say things and try to get people to understand like what a fiduciary obligation is. Because it's a treaty. It's a treaty. With the United States when he's talking about n constitutional law, you know, in in Canada it's the Indian Act.
As well as their cl as well as the Constitution. So so we have we we have this law, the Indian Act. And like I said, there are there are two parts of the act that are trying to be changed this year. This is in twenty twenty six. They closed the
Marina Crane (30:30.89)
I think the industrial school the industrial schools in the late early nineteen hundreds and then they stopped they closed the Indian residential school in the seventies. They gave, I think, women indigenous women the right to marry whoever the hell they wanted to, what, in the eighties or nineties? You know, what what it isn't until the seventies women were allowed to have a credit card or buy a home. That's that's a white woman. You know, and and the fact that indigenous women you know we lost our status.
We we lost we were told we weren't Indi indigenous anymore. Like like what a shock. Especially especially when you have a white husband who is, you know, taking on the responsibility to educate, you know, indigenous woman who's never grown up around white people what it is to be white.
See, I d I don't have that. I don't. I've never had it thank knock on wood that I came into this life in a community that is right next door to white people. So I've been around white people my entire life. hey, you want to know how different I am? Yeah, spend a couple of days with me. I I just I'm just grateful that that one white man did and that
he got a taste of, you know, what it's like to be with an indigenous woman who is quite opinionated. And and again too, maybe in some strange position or some strange attitude, like the safety of like looking at me and like wondering, you know, what is it that I I see in terms of sexuality or why I'm attracted to him. It's because indigenous men have had a tough life.
When I was in my early twenties my my late friend, she had some she came from up north an isolated indigenous community and she went to residential school, had all the things that happened in in residential school, was married to a very violent man and when she separated from her her partner from who
Marina Crane (32:40.342)
She married into Sutina. We were friends for over thirty years. I got to know her her siblings. Now the reason I'm mentioning this is because she had one brother who was like six five.
I swear, you know, if anybody saw him come walking into a bar, you'd think Sasquatch just walked into the tavern or the or the nightclub or whatever the hell. I mean, he he was a monster. And and the reality of it is like, you know, I I knew like just sitting there in his presence, peep there's no but there is no way anybody's gonna come around me or try to mansplay me, boss me around, manipulate me, whatever. Like and I didn't know this. It was just like, you know, I was just it was just restful and peaceful.
you know, socializing with him in public. Well, that's the the way it was too with this this white man who followed me down to Las Vegas and and it didn't really, you know, click
You know, 'cause I 'cause I like I like when w for me being handicapped, I have to always plan ahead, like the timeline. I got this much time to do this and this and this. I mean everybody does that too, but but for me it it's taken a while to just sort of decompress and sort of reflect and okay, what just happened. And so you know, I I I do things ritualistically, like I I do things in ceremony and through ritual and prayer and gift giving. A as well as with meals and all it's
whole ceremonial thing and I don't expect to go into terms with it, but the reality of it is like a lot of things that I that I try and teach about spirituality is after each each acknowledgement of another human being whether I it's always an embrace or a release with with creator and grandfather's and grandmothers' will being done. And and if that's the case in terms of letting go of of people I just met and releasing them
Marina Crane (34:33.904)
That that's part of life. It's like l like birth and death. You you you come and you go. So in hindsight when I when I look at my traveling with this white man, I I thought, it's because he's white. But but the last time I traveled with a white man was from Utah to Canada and it was decades ago and the guy was so racist. You know, we we drove 16 hours, he was so infuriated, he we hit a deer in Idaho.
He didn't even stop to check about the damage in the car. He just wanted to get the hell away from me, take get me home as soon as possible.
I and I've grown up with white boys like that my whole life. Like I said, I've been around white people my entire life. Just the the name calling. Like like those two men in the earlier social media clip that I played. You know, it's it's one thing it's one thing when you make a statement and you have all hell break loose because, my goodness, you're talking about racist. I'm not racist, they'll say. And and yet they are. So it's it's no biggie. It it's no biggie. It's just part of life. But again too, I want to reflect back on the
Comment that the reality is all over the world there are individuals who've gone through so much, well, you know, so much trauma. I and I'd rather use the word trauma than than hell and heaven. Because with trauma, you're just talking about trauma. You're not talking about good or bad, it's trauma. And and how they've managed to find balance is
i in their lives in terms of healthy human sexuality. That's important. And so so for me, g being following like him coming with me to Las Vegas and then just seeing people how they saw me interact with him was the same way my friend's brother, like how people saw me with him, the Sasquatch of a man. Okay.
Marina Crane (36:31.63)
Like he just didn't want to mess with me because here's my bodyguard. And and that's how I felt. And I didn't really it didn't really click until like like now it's what i May, June, July, like three months going on four. And and I realized, no, I I think the energy that I was feeling was that of protection. So that when people saw us together, it was just like, you know, it's like it's like when I look at back at it and I'm thinking, is are these how millionaires or celebrities feel when when they're they're in public and people are staring at them?
and they have they have bodyguards and entourage with them, you know, knowing that, you know, if somebody approaches me, they'll step in and and intervene. Like that's basically that's that's what this this I call them Wachashta Washte, which in Dakota means good man. Like that's that's what he did for me. And and it's very rare, like I said, I I go into the city or I go places as an indigenous woman and as an elder. And it it's very rare
To find a white man who would step in like that, to bring in that same energy as my friend's brothers did. And they were huge, strong cream in. You know, I just so that's why when I I say he doesn't realize just the gift that he's given me and and the fact that that he had no
How would I put it? He he didn't see color. Like I I I I the only way I can explain it is when I was in high school, I I met a lady who was who had sight for the first two months of her life as a baby. And they had to remove her eyes or she wouldn't live. And so when I met her in high school, you know, we we got along because because she didn't see color. And and
She told me one time, she says, Marina, and again, this is what this Chase Arnise is talking about. We we chose to come here at this time. And and my friend Lori says, Marina, she said, you're you're gonna be famous someday. And and I couldn't understand y her concept of what she saw as famous. I was I was just a young woman in my early twenties, you know, in high school.
Marina Crane (38:47.232)
But it it it was the it's I think it has to do with energy and you know, just what we've come here to this life to do and live. So whoever I influence in in in whatever way that sways them in whatever direction, that that's important for me. And and like my late friend says, Marina, you haven't hurt anybody.
No, people people would sooner try to hurt somebody because they're jealous or they see something they don't understand. And and if I can give help to people understand what it is to be under the Indian Act, what it law is on at the federal fiduciary level.
Which I know for a lot of people who pay taxes in the province don't understand that 'cause they're under provincial provincial system, which to me I I don't understand. I mean I go into school and I, you know, go into town, pay taxes and all that stuff. So I understand that much, but I don't I don't understand like I know how much money my sister has to pay for like just living like taxes and
u u utilities and stuff like that. You know, it it's not like it's not like the forty thousand indigenous people in Calgary are living on the streets. My goodness, they're working, they're functioning people. So wake up, Daniel Smith. You know, the the the the ancestors, the grandfathers and grandmothers who who who worked and prayed to help their their descendants
We are still actively doing this. We've been doing this for thousands of years before it we were even colonized. And with that gift, it keeps on going because it's not ours. Somebody said something about ant piles and and I use that as an analogy. And and and if you're you've and if you've never flowed with a group of people in a crowd and and you want to get out of it, you can't because the crowd has its own energy.
Marina Crane (40:47.7)
So so with that, that's the whole nature of what's been happening, I believe, in my opinion, since the since the discover and since the jump bombing of the atomic bomb. and and and good you know, people were wondering, well how are we going to live with it? Well well this is it. We're we're at this point. Like I said, you know, my ancestors for thousands of near years knew that any moment we could the this existence that we're living on could be destroyed.
Just because of the vastness of where we live. And and and the fact that we we we use ceremony and ritual to to talk about it and to live it. And and then now today when there's so many thousands of atomic bombs and it just takes a few to explode in one place for for it to be equivalent to a huge asteroid hitting the earth. And and now even now look at the look at the climate. You know,
What what have we done? how are we going to save this for our our legacy and our children and and who's who who's who's steering who's who's doing the manipulation and who's moving? You know, we we can't fight it. We have to let go, we have to embrace it, then we have to release what we've been thinking that we have control or a say over when we don't. This is creator and grandfather's and grandmother's will being done.
If if you have any hardness or trauma towards me, that that's fine. I have no say over that. If I o offended anybody, it's it wasn't intentional. And at the same time I'm I'm doing the best I can in trying to educate people of what it's like to be an elder indigenous woman.
who's grown up in matriarchy, around lateral violence, about around systemic racism, who's educated, who who sees sees women differently than than other like say white women see other women. I know that. I know that. I've grown up like I said, I've grown up my whole life around around white white people.
Marina Crane (43:06.67)
and at the same time too, there there are so many things, interesting things about other women from other cultures from other parts of the world that that make make life worth living in understanding how how they function as women within their culture and their society. Because we're all different. And and my my hope is that well white fragility doesn't doesn't destroy
the all the work that the women have done to to maintain their like their freedom. But but with fascism the way it is w within white women they're they're doing it to themselves. And what what else can I say? You know, it it bothers me that, you know, there's this religiosity we'll say or ideology of
being the the healer because because why you functioned in white society, being an individual. When when there's a crisis happening right now where we have to embrace the collective and the holistic approach and we have to release all those independent ways of thinking in order to bear witness to what's evolving. Not not
as human beings, but as a living organism on this planet. Just like every living organism. Okay. I wanted to put that out there. I'm just really grateful that I've been trying to understand my own mental health and my struggle in the sense of finding balance in terms of like say addiction with gambling. I I do it once a month. I don't do it every day or every week.
And I and again I really didn't you know, I've I've never grown up like that. the same thing with alcohol and drugs. I you know, my whole life, I can count how many times I've I've drank at parties. And and again too, the even when I say I have a bit of autism, you know, the on the spectrum, the fact that I haven't been sexually active and I know how many partners I've had in my life, but yet at the same time I can talk about healthy human sexuality because it
Marina Crane (45:30.464)
It's interesting in in the sense of looking at men and how they function in the bodies that they have. Because I can't comprehend like like how like if you know, it it's it's a it's amazing. I mean, all the science and patriarchy is all centered around men, hospitals, lawyers, law, all that. So so for me when I talk about patriarchy, I'm going, Yeah, I know, but at the same time too
I just see the facade, the suit, I d I you know, and I and I know there's more happening deeper in there. but at the same time I'm going, no, I'm just grateful I'm just grateful that Creator and the grandfathers and grandmothers have blessed me with the ability to to feel comfortable around very dangerous men. Yeah, and and that I ca and that they've I've been protected by Creator and the grandfathers and grandmothers.
Some some people, you know, whatever they want to conjure up in the sense of what is a healer or what is a spiritual person. again, you you do what you want to do and say what you want to say and you know, stand up on your pedestal and say, I've done this and this and this. That's okay. I that's not what my podcast is about. My my podcast is is there to raise the alarm that our our children are falling through the cracks.
Like a like I was telling my my cousin just half an hour ago, I said, all this I discovered by advocating for my niece. For for advocating for my nieces and nephews. And and for taking care of my my elderly mother who who was in residential school since age five. And and and to have a close relationship with her siblings because I took care of her. So so those things for me as as an elder now
I I started, you know, I took that position a long time ago when I moved back from the States. I had opportunities to go and live in Hong Kong or Taiwan. I like just like I lived in the United States. I lived in another country. There was nothing stopping me from from living in Hong Kong, except I knew that my mother needed me. I didn't know how much I needed her. I didn't know how much I needed my community.
Marina Crane (47:59.606)
and the people I grew up since childhood to learn about life. So so with that I'm just totally grateful for all these young people that I know in my community that are thriving, that are open and honest, and and what can I say? I I'm just so grateful. And and I want, you know, non indigenous people to understand this.
Because they have this stereotype that it's so horrible to live in indigenous Metis or First Nations communities. It's because you're only you're you're you're you're looking at me with rose color with rose colored glasses. When I look at you, I don't have those glasses on. When when I see people, they they don't see that I can see their trauma. Only because I was raised around it.
in a in a very like it it it would look like a really harsh character environment. But that environment was very loving to me. And I honor it by by talking about the dismantling of all the hard work of the grandfathers and grandmothers who came before me, all because of this separatist movement, all because of a country United States of America and and Russia.
trying to be get access to to the oil that that's in Mother Earth. The very milk that Mother Earth has, the very foundation of the water with with which within what she lives is is is what what we we've lived on. And and to and to wean us from that
wean us from that so Mother Earth can die. Like she you know, like again, I I apologize to to grandmother grand the creator, grandfathers and grandmothers because as human beings, we can die off. You know, Mother Earth has been around even before we existed and she'll remain she'll remain you know a a a living entity even when we're we're gone.
Marina Crane (50:14.698)
So so I hope you understand the concepts of what I'm trying to say. Because, you know, as we as we live an age, there there'll be a point where we all leave. But but acknowledge the reason why you chose to live at this time and at this place. And and what is it that you will do to make sure that this same way of life continues
Marina Crane (50:49.59)
Anyway, so much for for that. So again, I appreciate I appreciate the fact that I can do a podcast and and put it out there. And I I appreciate all the invisible helping hands. And and those invisible helping hands who came forward made themselves visible to me. what can I say? You love people when they come into your life and then
And then you let them go. And and that's the beauty of life. Wopidal Midakya Piawasana, Creator, grandfathers and grandmothers, thy will be done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Posted then my reply..... I agree with you all NCH is No Wicasa Itancan. I agree he is a womanizer he seriously Takes the cake wearing tha...
-
From GIRLSNOTBRIDES.ORG " 20,000 girls are forced into marriage everyday. It's a common practice around the world; however,...
-
Through these ten years I’ve sang this song. Despite the words being pronounced with a male tone. I’ve researched with Dakota speakers and ...
-
! search for more clues into this man’s lifestyle. I’ve found the increasing awareness of people becoming awake to who this man truly is and...
-
I see people's children grow up and they too start dancing and following the pow-wow trail. When my nephews came home, they talked about...
-
https://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/dances-wolves-star-nathan-chasing-horse-accused-sexual-114067081?sfnsn=mo Throughout the decades of...
No comments:
Post a Comment