Blog Archive

Friday 7 June 2024

Women’s voices around the world


I posted this after hearing what a mob of men did to this journalist.  Its a frightening account of almost being torn apart by a Mob her & her crew were covering.



Decades ago I worked with military men who taught me how to find military ordinance. Yes, bomb fragments and fuses. They had experience working all over the world and made comments about places like Egypt. They said they had very little respect for life. And I asked, in what way? And they said, that they would leave like their dead animals in the open. And wouldn't bury them. But I think it went even deeper than that, when it comes to the treatment of women.

Sometimes people don't mean to hurt people. but they do. I think they hurt people unintentionally because they've been hurt. Yet there has to be some place of peace. There has to be some way that we can bind balance within our own selves. We cannot be traveling through this life, hurting others because we've been hurt.

In 2006 I met an actor on the movie set Bury My Hearted at Wounded Knee. He was an indigenous actor who had suffered greatly under an adopted father. After his abuse, He struggled throughout his young life with alcohol and drug abuse. He had claimed to have seen so much violence in his life that he refused to have any children of his own. I've since learned that he has adopted or fostered two children. I know life can be really difficult on children, and I don't suspect that it's gotten any better since I was a child.

Over the decades, with so much of my blog focused on Nathan Chasing Horse, an indigenous actor on this movie set Bury My Hearted at Wounded Knee. And yet, there were so many other indigenous actors, that I did meet, putting a different light on the impact that this movie had on me. I wish I had written more about what I had seen on the movie set than what I experienced off and away from. the movie set other than with my lived experience around Nathan Chasing Horse, but I had to mention this other actor because I just believe that he is such a dynamic individual and has gone through so much and has done so much to heal himself. Rather than focusing on on someone who has some childhood trauma and had some horrible way of dealing with his trauma, hurting so many indigenous girls, There are two different men that I met, and yet nobody wanted to hear this other fellows story. But yet they gravitated to an illusion or delusion of Nathan Chasing Horse. 

Maya Angelou -  said…this about LOVE 

It’s not an illusion or delusion, rather its our forces of truth, focused live & focus of soul letting go. I try to practice letting go & for traumatized people holding onto a safe space is not letting go. That safe space was created through an allusion or delusion to escape within our life forces. Creating protective, reflective, healing energy helps. Its why I love this quote, especially when we live in such a violent world.




I believe there's more to how we are attracted to others. A complete stranger enters my life & I fall in love. Throughout our lives, we meet strangers & this attraction becomes so overpowering. Deciding from a mental health perspective if its linersnce (delusional or an allusion). We process our feelings. 

Throughout my life, I've enjoyed meeting or hearing about another person’s life. I'm grateful for those who trust me. It takes courage to trust others. Many people are walking around like zombies. If any of these videos move you to trust those who are worth trusting then I hope the best for you. 

No comments: