Blog Archive

Saturday 29 July 2023

A friend from Kitchener Ontario says..

As my sister with her two adult children travel to Ontario today, a friend camps at Pancake Bay Provincial Park , Ontario. She invited me to stop in if I were with them & sadly that’s a 

BIG NO! 

My niece is moving east of Toronto. Before heading to Clarington they’ll stop off in Montreal Quebec.  My nephew who speaks fluent French will feel at home there. 

Life changes whether we hold on to it or chose to let it go. So, let it go as it’s Creator’s Will that these changes are meant to happen. As much as we want our loved ones close to us, we must realize it’s their lives to live. 

The following is a conversation I had with my friend, an artist I met decades ago at the same Art College. She was my instructor & I was her pupil. 

Friend - It is so heart breaking to hear about your niece.

Me - Thank you, I’m grateful I had hindsight to seek out psychotherapist decades ago. I say to people when working with people it’s important as even psychotherapist have psychotherapists. I’ve understood this when I turned 30. Yes! She was born addicted cause her mom was an addict.


Friend - that is so sad. Another victim of white colonization. I hope her (and her mom's) spirit is at peace now. I hope in your speaking out it is helping you heal. I know it will be helping others. Speaking out, and blogging really assist others to find a way to navigate through their own challenges. As your Native Calgarian friend said, YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!! Actually, you are an amazingly wise and powerful woman who speaks honest truths about extremely difficult subjects.


Me - Healing is a life time journey has white colonization effects us all. ❤️πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™πŸΎπŸ‘πŸ½

Friend - It does. It is hard to respond to that, as I watch and listen to the trauma, racism, abuse, and genocide, all the horrific experiences of rez schools, 60's scoop, I find that I cannot even come close to knowing the depths of these traumas, even though the pain and hurt in hearing about it penetrates to my bones. I lower my head in sadness, and disgust for what people of my skin colour have done (and continue to do). How many years of my life did I spend not really understanding what colonization was all about? I lived a happy little childhood, while other children were suffering in the residential schools, or living in homes with foster parents because of the 60's scoop. I knew nothing of this.  The schools certainly didn't give us the truth. It has caused so much trauma-related hardships for everyone who is indigenous. It is good that you speak so openly to educate us. There are so many layers of healing that are needed.


Me - Yes! ‘And miles to before we sleep...’ πŸ™πŸΎ PTSD, relapse, recovery & finding courage to find our own balance in our journey home... Thank you for being you πŸ’•πŸ™πŸΎπŸ’•






No comments: