Blog Archive

Thursday 5 October 2017

October 5, 2017

Okay, as I am editing and rearranging my blog from blogger, I've realized that much of my Google plus is shared privately. This means that I will need to go into every post and edit the dynamics of this site. I transferred all my blogging stuff onto this site without realizing there was a editing issue.

so please bare with me as I am trying to understand this whole editing issue with content. I am hoping to add a different take on the theories around indigenous women as it pertains to our sexuality and gender roles as women.

I don't want this site to be to over saturated with boring stuff and historical stuff that makes people want to cry out of frustration. This is not my purpose. I will transferring much of my content to other blog sites and will provide a link to this origin site.

I am figuring the content of this site has evolved and , or needs to evolve. There are so many opportunities out there for young indigenous women, indigenous girls to get involved in, and I know that we as an indigenous community need to support them in a positive supportive way.

I just wanted to update you on what's going here. I'll be off for a couple of days, as I've got a oil painting that needs my attention. Within my community over this past month there were many deaths. I sometimes think, those who chose to stay away from their home fires are missing out. Yes, it is painful to lose a loved one, it's painful to lose a community member and it can be overwhelming; however, as I too am in the midst of my own grieving. I find solace with others. It gives me strength knowing that as each generation goes by, each one of us, must be prepare and willing to be there emotionally for each other in times of need.

This being said, I hope you all have a good week out there. And, remember, love yourself, be full of yourself or self-fullness, in the midst of selfishness as people are depending on us to be mentally well for ourselves and them.

wopida mitakuye oyasin


No comments: