Blog Archive

Friday 23 June 2023

Sometimes I wonder

 Years ago my audience was directed to young indigenous girls and young indigenous women. Today I find myself caught up in a system that is not safe for me to express my opinions on the subject of Nathan Chasing Horse. sometimes I wonder who can I trust. For decades, I was invisible, and now I’m finding myself to be open to the public. I’ve grown up my entire life in an integrated system of systemic racism. I understand how white fragility plays huge part in how people may see my blog. It is for this reason that I wonder if I’m doing the right thing in bringing awareness about the mental health crisis as girls and indigenous women. The Canadian government issued a statement a few weeks ago about a state of emergency for murdered and missing, indigenous girls, entering teaching us, women, two spirited indigenous people.

I’ve seen and heard young indigenous influencers talk about the many people they have to block on their social media sites. Despite the efforts of explaining what it’s like to live in a first nations community.Sometimes I wonder if there’s any hope for reconciliation. As it seems and appears that it’s only one sided. The more we voice or opinion the more we are critic criticized in the more we are criticize the more we realize that this voice that we have developed was never allowed to be heard. This is why I wonder if the people who are reading this blog realize the significance of the story I write. 

It’s understanding that generations of generations, indigenous people we’re not allowed to even utter a word on their behalf. They were not allowed to stand up and defend the very voice that was silenced.I’ve grown up my entire life in two worlds. Decades ago I had a friend who made a statement about people of color. She had noticed that the waiter was waiting on us, had an accent. My my friend was not indigenous, so she made a statement of how easy her white privilege was. At most white privilege people don’t have to learn more than one language. She said she could not imagine, moving into a country whose language was born to her. That she would have to adapt, and how difficult it would be for her to learn another language, and to work within that language.

So I wonder people understand how difficult it is to be across culturally educated indigenous person. I’m not going to explain the difficulties that I experienced my entire life that’s not the purpose of why I wonder about things. The important thing that I’d like people to understand, is that this isn’t just an indigenous problem when it comes to cultlike behavior. Cults of existence since the beginning of time and people have naïvely participating and being groomed and indoctrinated into these cults, ritual abuse is part of the behavior within a cult. Try to imagine the difficulties it would be you to dingy brief defragment deconstruct a behavior that myself and others have thought was normal our entire lives.  Then we get an education and we start attending therapy and then we realize that a lot of. Our thoughts are self-defeating.

Then I wonder why generations after generation are these ways of thinking these ways of self-defeating behavior, so entrenched in our culture that we have to protect our very children and our very girls from rapist, and from people who love to manipulate the  savage out of us. This is what it feels like to be colonized. It’s the reinforcement of negative self talk. Are used to say when I was talk to OB and listen to a white privilege person, especially a teacher or an employer that it was because they were smarter than me.

It makes me wonder when I when I speak the truth about my lived experience. What does the person who is the who is the opposite of me listing actually hears their own voice. I wonder if they understand that making a statement that they are sincere such whatever I’m going through that I will come out of it a lot better emotionally. And that once I come out of this traumatic event that I would be a little bit smarter because of my lived experience. It makes me wonder if the person understands their own white privilege. I don’t really I don’t really think the person realize it’s just how difficult it is for anybody who has gone through a traumatic experience how difficult it is for them to even have the courage to seek professional help  to even ask for help and even trust the person that they’re seeking help from to be compassionate towards the struggles, they are facing. 


Sometimes I wonder if people understand what so compassion means. I don’t have I don’t tend to believe I have a solution to the mental health crisis. I do know it’s a lot easier to put yourself in a position of looking inward and seeing dissecting deconstructing what you see but it’s another thing to actually Have lived experience within that culture. Because you can’t have compassion unless you have self compassion for your own life, your own trauma, your own psychological, struggles your own human social responses, your own drama, your own tragedies, your own grief, your own joys, and your own ways of living.  All I ask for those for reading this blog is to be compassionate towards the victims is that I talk about or to understand that there’s a history behind indigenous girls and indigenous women that we had no control over. We were born into systemic racism towards us, we were stamped at birth to be seen as it visible, and to be used  And abused by anyone at their privilege. It’s difficult for indigenous girls to grow up in a family with violence is perceived as being normal normalizing brutality towards indigenous girls and indigenous women, and then to project it into white society, as if all societies behave the same. And then if there is some truth, there is some truth for all women. The file on speaker experience on a daily basis  And the patriarchy in Misogyny of being afraid if her partner is a narcissist, understanding that there’s very little resources for women to escape such partners, very little resources for women to feel safe and comforted and guided into living a healthy, beautiful life. It’s my hope and desire that all women find courage to walk there talk, because if we don’t , and if we do not encourage mental health, the price is too great to pay. We’ve seen this so many times. I’ve buried so many young indigenous women. I am blessed to be an elder that I’ve lived through this crisis in my own way, and yet even how I’m perceived, as an elder is also  Biased. 

No comments: