Blog Archive

Sunday 15 October 2023

woman's song

 

The Nakota, Dakota and Lakota Womoan's song this is my late mother's interpretaton translated into Dakota I will attempt to edit it in the best way possible as I've worked on this song for sometime now. 

 1.My late mother's wording 
 Nahaŋ winyaŋ kiŋ 
 Bdihečiya ye 
 Niye opeča 
 Ničiŋča kiŋ ča 
 Oyate kiŋ ye 
 Wačiŋ hi yape

My listening to an app to get the universal translate of the language attached for everyone to sing it. There are so many different dialects, so I am hoping I can feel comfortable in sing it later on 

2. Woman’s song 
 Núŋǧe yúzA wiŋyaŋ kiŋ (listen women) 
 BdihédičiyA ye (have courage) 
 Niyé opeca (get ready)
 Ničhíŋkši kiŋ ca (your children) 
 Oyate kiŋ ye (Your people) 
 WačhiŋkuyA hi yape (are depending on you)

No comments: