Blog Archive

Sunday 8 October 2023

Sometimes I wonder is it worth knowing what makes people tick.

 this is just a quick note for the night. as the Thanksgiving long weekend, comes to an end, makes me wonder. The question about how people choose to live their lives and what makes a person truly happy. Yes, growing up in poverty I am at the same time. trying my best to get an education by working full-time and going to school full-time, I just thought it would all be worth it. Now,  don’t get me wrong. It is all worth it. It’s just so sad to see so many people having really poor coping skills. To the point of becoming addicted to prescription drugs, and or raising their children, become codependent on prescription drugs. 

I don’t know if there’s any real balance between those people who live beyond their means or those people who don’t have the means to survive. I was in both scenarios, both have poor coping skills. Yet, the balance falls in between these two scenarios. 

yet, the balance falls in between these two scenarios. I just hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving meal, and that people spent this time with their families. 

When my niece was in high school, she would come back after school talking about what she heard on the bus. The conversations about prescription, drugs, and straight drugs was a bit overwhelming for her. 

today, a young man, and when I say young man, he’s a Grandpa. When I knew him as a child, he was running with gang members in the city of Vancouver. All of his aunties and uncles have since passed away from drug abuse. His own children are also involved in this drug culture. The reason I mentioning him is that I don’t know when he is ever sober. This dynamics that he carries for me is unimaginable trauma. As today he disclose that he’s been sexually assaulted twice.

His own children are also involved in this drug culture. The reason I mentioning him is that I don’t know when he is ever sober. This dynamics that he carries for me is unimaginable trauma. As today he disclose that he’s been sexually assaulted twice. He disclosed this in front of his mother a family friend and myself. He became so agitated. Upon telling the story, just a few minutes ago, my cousin, who was listening to what I was saying to her, asked me if I was scared.

he became so agitated. Upon telling the story, just a few minutes ago, my cousin, who was listening to what I was saying to her, asked me if I was scared. It was just the dynamics of it all. It was the dynamics of it all, debriefing, understanding what just happened today.

I believe sometimes we don’t truly understand the people that we’re in contact with. We seem to numb ourselves when you see a psychotic break or some sort of psychotic behavior. I just cannot comprehend what is happening to all those small children around this man. I know he’s a very dangerous man. It really makes me think whether or not I want to continue visiting his mother. 

it doesn’t seem fair that so many indigenous women that I do know and have contact with on a somewhat daily basis are addicted to some form of prescription drug. My cousin and I we were discussing prescription drug abuse, and she said that even 10 years ago, those who were addicted thwere discussing prescription drug abuse, and she said that even 10 years ago, those who were addicted then. are now suffering from major medical problems. 

even with the cost of living here in Calgary, and the rent increase by $600 per month for me is unimaginable. Maybe it just seems that the whole world is coming into crisis. Or that there’s a real crisis, happening, and people are so numb that they don’t really understand. 

as I’ve been growing up, I would hear the elders say to us, be good to each other. Now that I’m an elder, I rethink the statement. I rethink it, and I realize that it’s not only treating each other with kindness and compassion. It’s also having the ability to say to someone that I love you. it isn’t just enough to treat each other with kindness and compassion. It’s either in the words saying that to someone, to anybody that you love them, without any complications, or any kind of ulterior motive, other than saying, I love you. 


No comments: